Sunday 1 May 2011

Sir Stampalot May Challenge

This month at Sir Stampalot Challenge Brenda has chosen the theme of "Magical Worlds". That could mean anything from a single butterfly to a complete scene, so the scope is pretty wide! I'm really looking forward to seeing the entries for this one!

I decided to go with a scene, with reference to ancient Celtic myth and magic. Stamps used: Celtic circle with eagle, cross, mountain background - Non Sequitur; deer - Stampscapes; birds - Inkylicious; foreground foliage - Chocolate Baroque. Background sponged with pigment inks.



Here's the fantastic prize on offer this month!


Don't forget to hop over to the Challenge Blog and have a look at the wonderful samples my very talented teamies have made. Hope you can join in too, and good luck everyone!

Going back to the Stampalot Challenge Birthday competition last month, where you had to guess which DT member made which card, this was mine:


It didn't occur to me when I made it, but it too could fit this month's theme. All stamps by Chocolate Baroque. I used a rainbow Adirondack inkpad to swipe the background, and the same pad to stamp the butterfly. Martha Stewart punched border, and a peel-off sentiment.

11 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Oh wow Lynn.. what a beautiful card - love the celtic design and the scene you created
Lisa x

pinky said...

Its just stunning Lynne, your techniques are amazing!

judith@poppy cottage said...

These are both beautiful cards Lynne, your magical world card is very ehereal, and you've used a great mix of stamps. Judith xx

Sally H said...

Stunning card, Lynne. I love the combination of stamps. A real dreamscape feel to it. I know the butterfly one is even more beautiful having seen it in real life x

brenda said...

Such a beautiful ethereal creation Lynne, totally mystical in a far off land - yes I do live in fantasty land I know.

Hope you are enjoying your break.

B x

craftimamma said...

These cards are both stunning Lynne. I love the scene you have created and the unusual but perfect colours you have used.

The second card is another beauty and I love that swiped background. I've tried that quite a few times and just cannot get anything good enough to use. The echoing of the colours on the butterfly looks so effective and the colours are really pretty.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Tracy said...

A really gorgeous creation, I love the scene Lynne.
Hope you've had a good bank holiday weekend
Happy crafting
Tracy x

lisa said...

Two amazing cards, Lynne. I love the swiped inkpad background on the second one. I'd never have thought of trying that.
Hope you are enjoying the Bank Holiday Weekend.
hugs Lisax

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Lynne these are two stunning creations that first one has not only a magical look but also mystery awesome work.
hugs
Lorraine x

PinksyDoodles said...

Wow, your card is wonderful Lynne. I love the mystical scene you have created. It has such a calming effect looking at it.
Hugs, Clare x

mamapez5 said...

This card is beautiful. I love the misty background you have created. Kate x