Wednesday 4 May 2011

Camper vans and otters

It was my elder grandson's 6th birthday last Sunday, and his mum & dad have just bought a van to convert into a camper, which he's very excited about. So I knew just what to put on his birthday card. Lisa Jane very kindly sent me a camper van template, and here's what I made with it.


The camper van and signpost are coloured with Promarkers, and the signpost has a peel-off greeting. The background paper I found in an office supply store (it's made to print letters on). It just happened to fit the subject perfectly!

Ewan loved the card, but was particularly pleased to note that he, and not his little brother, was in the driving seat!

We had a wonderful time with them, and didn't want to come home, especially as the weather was so good. I could get used to daily walks by the river, in such beautiful surroundings! Here's another couple of photos.





And finally, as an update to my earlier post, I'm delighted to report that we saw the otters at last, and no early rising needed as it was in the middle of the day! In the next picture, you can just about see the head of one in the water, to the right of the branch and almost in the middle of the pic. Unfortunately my camera wasn't up to the distance, but we watched two of them swimming and then saw them come out on to the shore and trot off into the bushes. Magic!


It was a relaxing and refreshing break, but back now to work and reality! Lots to do, but I'll try and catch up with everyone's blogs as soon as I can.

8 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Oh Lynn - it looks fab.. i just love their photos in the windows lol..and what a great background .. nearly as nice as the scenery in your photos lol
Glad you got to use the template
Lisa x

Sally H said...

Stunning photos, Lynne! Just the place to go for a walk with my new camera!!! The card is fabulous - even more so in real life x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A fabulous (and unique) card Lynne - love the photos inside the van! How kind of Lisa-Jane to send you a template - aren't crafters just the best!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Lynne this is absolutely brilliant that camper van with the pictures in looks great.
Hugs
Lorraine x

brenda said...

What a clever card Lynne, I am sure your grandson adored it.

Some lovely picture as well, what a difference the sunshine makes.

B x

craftimamma said...

What lovely photos of your grandsons Lynne. The little one has such a cheeky grin and Ewan looks perfect on the driving seat. Brilliant idea for his birthday card.

Wonderful scenic photos too and I can understand why you love being up there even without the lure of your nearest and dearest.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

lisa said...

What a great card, Lynne. I love how you've put your two Grandsons in the front. I hope Ewan had a great day.
How wonderful to manage to see the Otters. Your family certainly live in a beautiful spot, I can see why you love visiting.
Hugs Lisax

Unknown said...

This is an very nice post. Thanks for sharing this with us and the information as well.
camper vans