Friday 6 May 2011

Less is More Week 13

Lucky dip this week at Less is More, with the theme of either Thank You or Congratulations. I'm just scraping in with my entry! I'm very busy at the moment, and haven't had time for much card making, let alone blogging. (I'll get there eventually, I hope!)  My hubby asked me to make him some simple thank you cards to send out after his father's funeral last December, and I haven't blogged them before, so I hope they'll be acceptable.




The first one has a vase of flowers by Penny Black, stamped on a Nestie label, using Versamagic dew drop inks, and attached with foam pads. The sentiment is by Anna Griffin.









The second is even more simple - the same Anna Griffin sentiment inside a frame also by Anna Griffin.








Phew! Just got them in in time! Sorry I haven't had chance to comment this week, but glancing at the thumbnails I can see lots of great entries. I haven't missed a week of LIM so far, and didn't want this to be the first one. Now what will tomorrow's be .........?

11 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

They are beautiful Lynn.. perfect for this challenge
Lisa x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Two beautiful CAS cards Lynne. Love the AG frame and the AG Thank You stamp. (Great minds think alike, well almost)!!!!!
Have a happy weekend - hugs, Sylvia xxx

Chrissie said...

Two beautiful cards once more!
I really love the simplicity!
Thanks for joining us again!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

Wonderful designs, I love the raised embossed panel on the first, makes it look so stylish.
Jenny x

Sally H said...

Both so elegant and beautiful! Hope you are okay and not overdoing it. Big hugs x

Mandi said...

Both beautiful cards Lynne
Perfect!
Continued thanks
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

mamapez5 said...

Love the vase of flowers. very simple and elegant.
I have left a little 'something' for you on my blog here
Kate x

Netty said...

Both terrific cards. Annette

craftimamma said...

Oh dear Lynne is it really that long since your Father-in-law's funeral? It's flown!

Your card entries are lovely and I'm sure your OH would have thought them totally suitable.

Hope you are keeping okay. I know the busy feeling. We only have 2 weeks to the wedding now and and I'm wondering if I have enough energy to stay the course till then, lol, and my OH has volunteered us to look after our little Granddaughter for a few days after the wedding!

Hugs
lesley Xx

Jules said...

Oh dear Lynne .. .. where have I been?

I have missed so many lovely posts and photographs.

You look to be enjoying the Less is More challenge and making a great job of each challenge.

I hope things start to calm down for you soon.

Love Jules xx

lisa said...

These are just gorgeous cards, Lynne. Very elegant and understated. I love them.
Don't work too hard.
Hugs Lisax