Friday 20 May 2011

Less is More Week 15

This week's challenge at Less is More is for a one-layer card with embossing. I decided to use the embossing as a resist, which is one of my favourite techniques.

This is the first version of my card.



I stamped the grasses (Chocolate Baroque) with Versamark ink, embossed them with clear powder, and then sponged over them with Versacolor inks. The sentiment is by Prickly Pear, and it's one of my newest stamps. It really appeals to me. However, when I'd finished the card, I thought the sponging looked a bit messy. So I made another version, this time using a Nesties Label 10 as a stencil.


Now I can't decide which I prefer! The stencilled version is much tidier and more defined, but somehow it doesn't seem to fit quite so well with the sentiment, which suggests a free spirit! If I had to choose now, I'd probably stick with the first one. What do you think?

11 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

ooh decisions decisions.. if i had to choose .. i would choose the top one..
The colours are gorgeous as are the grasses.
The sentiment is also fabulous -i love it!
Lisa x

judith@poppy cottage said...

I like the first one, it's really lovely, free form and fluid, Judith xx

Netty said...

I love the first one as well, far more freestyle and pleasing on the eye. Beautiful work, Annette x

Mandi said...

I think I'd choose he first, beautiful technique, very pretty
Thank you so much
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Susan said...

I Love both cards, Lynne...but if pushed to chose, I'd pick the first one...love the carefree look of the sponged ink...although, I really love the what the sponged ink looks on the second card! See...I just can't decide!

Sally H said...

Stunning! I love them both, but the first one definitely has the edge. Must go and look at Prickly pear...

Stella said...

Just one word; breathtaking.....

Hugs,
Stella
X

Kathyk said...

FAB - if I HAD to choose then I would probably also go with the top one, but they are both fab

Kathyk

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne I have just read your post below and I wanted to congratulate you it sounds like a dream come true I am so pleased for you. I am also pleased to see this beautiful card it looks stunning.
Hugs
Lorraine x

lisa said...

These are just gorgeous, Lynne. I love the colours and that sentiment is perfect. At first I thought the stencilled one was my favourite but after looking at them for awhile I think I agree the first one just has it. You give us difficult choices though.
hugs Lisax

craftimamma said...

Well, I do like them both Lynn but the first one gets my vote. I love the unstructured look of the 'oval' myself with the lovely hazy edge. That 'Honesty' stamp is one of my favourites. I shall have to look Prickly Pear up as it's a company I've not heard of but that sentiment is lovely and such a nice font.