Thursday 19 May 2011

Little post with big news!

I said a few posts ago that I was busy! Well, when I was up in Dumfriesshire recently it was for an informal interview to discuss job possibilities. And the result was that from the end of August I will hopefully be working there as a peripatetic singing tutor in schools! Which means that in three months' time, our long-held dream of moving to live in Scotland, close to our daughter and family, will be coming true!

Needless to say, I am going to have very little spare time between now and September! We've got to get our house sorted out and sold (which will be a mammoth task - scary!), not to mention house hunting up north. I will be keeping up my DT commitments, and hopefully managing an entry for Less is More as often as I can, but I probably won't get to go blog visiting or commenting as often as I'd like to, so I hope you'll bear with me on that score!

The only drawback of a move north would seem to be the lack of good craft shops in the Dumfries area. But, given the current extent of my stash, maybe that's no bad thing.........

9 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

Congratulations Lynne, that's great news!
Clare x

mamapez5 said...

That sounds like a wonderful opportunity. Congratulations. Hope the house sells quickly for you. Kate x

Lisa Jane said...

OH Congratulations Lynn.. that is fabulous news. Well done on the interview!!
YOu will be so busy .. but will keep watching for your news .
Lisa x

Sally H said...

Just remember Skipton is about half way between Nottingham and Dumfriesshire, and we do have a spare room for an overnight stop on the way to Peterborough! Congratulations - very happy for you. See you soon x

Stella said...

Congrats Lynne; that's wonderful news!

There are a few busy months ahead. Good luck with sorting out the house; I just did that. Some spring cleaning ...:)

Have a wonderful evening; hugs!
Stella
X

Netty said...

Congratulations on the new position. Can see you are going to be up to your eyes in it, but so worth it. Take care, Annette x

lisa said...

That's fantastic news, Lynne. I'm absolutely delighted for you. With the internet, craft shopping shouldn't be a problem, although I like Sally's idea of Skipton being half way. Hopefully, we'll be able to meet up more often.
Good Luck with getting your house on the market, you've had plenty of practise on that score lately anyway!!
Hugs Lisax

judith@poppy cottage said...

Congratulations Lynne, it's always lovely to hear of someone's dreams coming true. It sounds like a great opportunity for you, well done. Judith xx

craftimamma said...

What fantastic news for you Lynn as I know it's what you've been wanting for a while. Sorry I didn't comment before but you posted this the day I went up to Harrogate for Jenna's wedding last Saturday and I'm just now catching up. I hope the house sale proceeds quickly for you and without too much stress.

I do hope we manage that playday with Sally and Megan before your move.

Hugs
Lesley Xx