Monday 18 March 2019

Somewhere Under The Rainbow!

The other week it was the Pink Ink Meadow Hare that bounded through my letterbox. This week a Sea Turtle swam through! Another stunning Pink Ink Designs stamp. I wonder what will come through next. You'll have to watch this space!

As our topic for this month's Stamping Sensations Challenge is "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", I decided to give my turtle a rainbow shell. So he's under the rainbow, rather than over it, but I think he'll still count!

I made a background with Distress Oxide inks and overstamped the turtle. Then I stamped him again on a separate piece of card, along with the seaweed and fish, cut them all out and coloured them with a mixture of Arteza and Zig brush pens. I then stuck the turtle on top of the original stamped image, added the fish and seaweed and matted the resulting picture on to an A5 card. All stamps are by Pink Ink Designs.

The Pink Ink Meadow Hare is still my favourite, but the turtle is coming a close second. He's fabulous to colour.

There's still plenty of time to enter our Rainbow challenge. Full details are over on the Stamping Sensations Challenge blog. There have been some brilliant entries so far. Judging this month is going to be tough!

13 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Lynne, you’ve doen a really brilliant job on this rainbow theme this turtle looks simply fab! Gorgeous details and design well done! So eye catching when scrolling down my reading lists,
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Oh wow I love what you've done to this fabulous pink ink design Lynne, I bought this a couple of weeks ago but have not inked it yet. It looks fantastic in the rainbow colours.

Sue xx

brenda said...

Your Turtle is such fun Lynn and coloured beautifully to carry the colours of our theme. I keep seeing Pink Ink images pop up so much check them out.

B x

Esther Asbury said...

Oh my word -- I saw your link over on Stamping Sensations and I had to come tell you how awesome your turtle is! I just love that you made him rainbow colors --- so cool!

Joan said...

Wow! Your rainbow turtle is fabulous, I'm getting Pink Ink envy!


Joan

Marlies said...

You made a gorgeous underwater scene Lynne. A very good idea to colour the turtle shell in the rainbow colours, he realy stands out. Great work.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This really is an amazing card Lynne. Every time I look at it, I think the turtle is going to jump off the page. I love how you've coloured it and the little filler stamps all work together beautifully to create a wonderful underwater scene. If I owned Pink Ink Stamps, I would definitely want you on my Design Team x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous rainbow coloured turtle, he looks splendid on the background you created.
Avril x

Kathleen said...

This is gorgeous, what a super take on the theme, love it.

Kath x

Viv said...

Wonderful colouring - and the turtle is brilliant against a fab background.

Tracy said...

Hi Lynne
Gorgeous creation, love how you put your rainbow in on the turtle, and the background is fabulous.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Michelle said...

Hi Lynne, saw your lovely turtle on the Pink Ink site but didn’t realise it was yours till I checked out what’s been happening in blogger for the last few
months, love you’re card and great to catch up on your blog again

Dora said...

This is so fantastic made. I love this one very much.
Great use of colour and stamping. Beautiful!!!!