Friday 15 March 2019

Must have been hibernating!

The other day I came across something called Alcohol Lift-Ink by Tim Holtz. Yeah, I know, where have I been for the last six months, lol?! It hadn't come up on my radar until now, and it sounded interesting, so I thought I'd better find out what I'd been missing. I'm glad I did! It's clever stuff! For anyone else who's been hibernating like me, you can learn all about it in Tim's video here.

Anyway, I've had a play with it and made a few cards.

(Fern leaf - Embossing Arts, Butterfly - unknown, Sentiment - magazine freebie)




 (Fern leaf - Embossing Arts, Butterfly - unknown, Sentiment - magazine freebie)


(Fern leaf - Embossing Arts, Butterflies - Visible Image, Sentiment - magazine freebie)


My alcohol inks had been neglected for quite a while, and the Lift-Ink gave me the impetus to get them out again. Wish I'd found it sooner!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Really gorgeous creations, the backgrounds are just fabulous.

Kath x

Sally H said...

Wow, wow, wow! These are absolutely stunning Lynne! I really love them all. My alcohol inks have been sadly neglected too, so I'm looking forward to having a play with them in the not too distant future. Saw an interesting technique using oxides and brushos on a gelly plate too...

Neet said...

Absolutely beautiful - I especially like the colour on the first two but i do like them all.
Hugs from someone else who must have been hibernating - off to see how you did them now.
Neet xx

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous cards Lynne, you've really mastered the AI lift. I tried it when it first came out, but wasn't too happy with the results. After seeing these, think I need to have another try.
Avril x