Sunday 3 March 2019

A Riot of Colour For March!

We have a great theme for our March Challenge at Stamping Sensations, and there'll be no difficult decisions about which colours to choose for your project, as you can use all of them! We'd like to see your take on

* * * * * SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW * * * * *

You can take inspiration from either the colours of the rainbow or from the well known song. All we ask is that your main image is stamped and that your project adheres to our Challenge Rules, otherwise it will not be eligible for our fab prize, and may not be commented on. Our lucky winner this month will receive a lovely selection of dies.

I've gone for rainbow colours for my card, and kept the design quite simple to let the colours stand out.

I've had this very pretty Woodware flower stamp in my stash for a while and never got round to inking it up until now, but I thought it would be perfect to show off our rainbow theme. The sentiment is part of the same stamp set.

The card was very quick to make. I used ink dusters and Distress Inks to make the rainbow background, and the same inks to colour the flowers. I cut the border with a Spellbinders die and added some sparkle to the flowers with a Spectrum Noir sparkle pen. You can see the effect better in the next photo.

I know I say this often, but my brilliant teamies really have outdone themselves with their projects this month! Go and feast your eyes on the rainbow of stunning samples over on the Challenge Blog, and then see what you can come up with to rival them! We're looking forward to seeing a riot of colourful entries!

11 comments:

brenda said...

The sparkle shows up really well on the flowers Lynne and the contract of white against the background and then the flowers really makes them pop and makes for a really stylish creation.

B x

Viv said...

Flowers, Rainbow and a bit of schparkly stuff! What's not to like?!!!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Lynne, love the sparkly rainbow flowers.
Great to join this challenge as GD at Stamping Sensations.
Avril

Marlies said...

A lovely stylish rainbowcard Lynne. A very nice design and lovely flowers. I like the added sparkle too.

Dora said...

What a great flowers in these colours. Beautiful card

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I love this card Lynne. The rainbow flowers look terrific against the crisp white background and I really like the curved die cut, all set against your beautiful rainbow background. It's a fabulous card. Wishing you a very happy and colourful week x

Joan said...

Love your card Lynne, love how you have. coloured the flowers and the decorative border really shows off the rainbow background


Joan x

pinky said...

Your card is just beautiful Lynne. Love the rainbow background and the gorgeous colour and sparkle to the flowers!

Sally H said...

This is gorgeous, Lynne! What a wonderful way to use that stamp...one I have resisted so far but I am quickly losing my will power seeing this.

Tracy said...

This is amazing Lynne, the background is flawless and so neat and the flowers are so pretty.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Greta said...

Oh what a wonderful stamp to use for a rainbow card--love it!