Sunday 3 February 2019

Bright and Beautiful Fox!

February already, so it's time for a new challenge at Stamping Sensations! We have a lovely theme for you this month:

* * * * * ALL THINGS BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL * * * * *

We are thinking along the lines of the wonderful old hymn - All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small. We'd like to see your hand stamped creations celebrating the wonders of nature. Please do make sure that your entry fits our challenge rules which you can find here.

We are delighted to welcome back Bee Crafty as our lovely sponsor for February. They have a wonderfully eclectic range of fabulous stamps and stencils, and loads of other things too, and our lucky winner will be able to choose £25 of lovely new stash from their online shop.

I decided to make something other than a card for a change, using stamps from two Bee Crafty sets, Scenery Animals - Fox and BEAUtanicals - Ferns.

 I made a plaque from wooden lolly sticks and painted it with gesso to prime it. I created the background with a home made mountain stencil, punched circle mask for the moon, and Versamagic pigment inks. All stamping was done with Versafine Clair ink. The row of trees and the single fern (which I hope looks like a tree!) were stamped directly on to the plaque, while the foreground ferns and the fox were stamped separately and cut out before being affixed to the plaque.

Here you can see the beautiful scenery detail in the fox stamp.


I'm sure this will be a popular theme, and I can't wait to see what you come up with! My amazing teamies have once again excelled themselves with some gorgeous samples to inspire you, so do go and have a look at them on the Challenge Blog. Remember, you can enter up to three times, and with such a fab prize on offer, it's definitely worth maximising your chances of winning. Good luck everyone!


9 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is a real stunner Lynne and it shows off that fabulous Bee Crafty stamp to perfection. The lolly sticks are a great medium to work on and the VersaFine Clair inks have stamped beautifully. I'm slowly adding to my collection of them and I believe that they are one of, if not the best, ink pads at the market at this time as they give such amazing coverage. Great work Lynne and I love it! Enjoy the rest of your day x

Viv said...

Confession - I don't own any Versafine Clairs... but I need to!
A fabulous scene Lynne. Great stamping and Foxy is wonderful!

brenda said...

A great lolly stick creation Lynne and such depth to your scene, have to confess I'm quite addicted to making them. The Clair inks are rather addictive as well aren't they, told Bev the other day I need more

B x

Joan said...

A beautiful scene Lynne, I love the fox

Joan

Tina Chianna said...

such gorgeous work, love it.

Dora said...

Great stamping!!! I love it. Also what you did with the fox. awesome!

Marlies said...

A beautiful scenery made on the lollysticks. A very good idea with a wonderful effect. Marlies

pinky said...

Your plaque is just mesmerising Lynne. That background is just amazing. I just love it!

Sally H said...

An absolutely gorgeous creation, Lynne! I love everything about it. Gorgeous stamping. I do love the versafine clairs and definitely need more of them!