Sunday 20 January 2019

Footprints on the Moon

Hadn't used the Brushos for ages, so having a few spare minutes, and some lovely new stamps from Stamps By Me, I thought I'd get them out and have a play.

First I stamped and masked the moon, and then made the background with the Brushos using the sprinkle & then spray method, blotting it after spraying to lighten it up as it was quite dark. Some of the paint leaked under the mask a bit, but I quite liked the effect. I thought it looked like clouds over the moon and gave it some dimension. Serendipity!

The Stamps By Me set has the trees, the moon and two sentiments. I particularly liked the one I've used here, but I thought the picture needed something else to help tell the story, so I added the rabbit & buzzard, along with a few grasses at the bottom, all from Inkylicious.

I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Clair ink and embossed it with WOW Neutral Ultra Shimmer Regular powder, which has the most gorgeous sparkle, but the photo doesn't do it justice. You can perhaps see it a little better in the next one.


And here's the rabbit gazing at the moon! (And probably hoping the buzzard doesn't spot her!)

 

It's quite a while, well before Christmas in fact, since I had chance to make something just for the sake of it, rather than for a particular person, event or occasion, and I really enjoyed doing this one. When I make cards for family and friends, I tailor them to the recipient and usually know what I'm going to do before I begin. Not that I don't enjoy doing those too, of course, but I love having the creative freedom to pick out a few stamps and inks etc. and just see where they lead. When I started making this card I had no idea how it was going to turn out, but I'm happy with the result!

7 comments:

Sally H said...

It is gorgeous! I love everything about it! I was gutted that they had sold out of that set when I ordered. Hoping it is back in stock soon

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Understand your thinking on our creativity being tied to recipient Lynne!
This is a gorgeous use of one of my favourite medium, but haven’t made a background except to go under die cuts... not to stamp over. Must try this year, very grateful I had family in UK as they’re much cheaper there, about 5x the price here, had them sent to them and they mailed to me. I stocked up before they moved to Norway.
Great work with moon, I agree it looks moody with clouds.
Blog hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a fabulous card - love the way you have used the brushos and then stamped over them - I have not heard of Stamps by Me , I must look them up.
Blessings
Maxine

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

You've created a wonderful scene Lynne and it's so atmospheric. I really enjoy working with Brushos as you never really know what you've going to end up with but that's half of the fun. It's a beautiful card. x

Viv said...

This is a fab example of Brushos Lynne! And am with you - I am far happier doing things for the sake of doing rather than doing things that others want!

mamapez5 said...

It's a great card. I especially like the sentiment. I am in the throes of reorganising my craft room, and I am hoping I find where I have hidden my brushos!! With family occasions to make cards for most months, this is the time when I can occasionally just play, and it is very liberating. I am glad I came across your blog again today and found your card for inspiration. Kate x

Greta said...

Beautifully artistic! The Brushos give such a great effect!