Thursday 7 January 2010

Poppies

One of my crafting resolutions for this year is to try more non-card projects, and to that end I am currently working on altering a little photo frame like the one I gave away with my blog candy last month. However, I couldn't resist ordering one of the new Hero Arts stamps, the Poppy Background,  which was delivered yesterday, and I just had to make a quick card with it straightaway. I love poppies, and this stamp has lots of potential. I think it is going to become one of my all-time favourite stamps.



I stamped it with Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate and clear embossed it, then coloured it with Promarkers. The sentiment, by Craftwork Cards, was also coloured with Promarkers. Before I stuck the picture to the card, though, I was tempted to use the back rather than the front! The Promarker ink soaked through the paper and it left an interesting image on the reverse, rather like pressed flowers (see below). I might have to do another one!



Hero Arts at one time was my favourite stamp company, but their style changed somewhat a few years ago and became a bit too cute for my liking. However, their new 2010 catalogue has some absolutely gorgeous designs. I foresee a sudden depletion in my bank balance!

8 comments:

chris said...

thes are just fantastic Lynne, I just love the top one, I think you have made us all want this stamp.
love chris xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

I love this card Lynne, poppies are my favourite flower,(you may know that from my blog!), the colour combo is really pretty, and the back of the paper is really awesome. As you say, certainly worth using on a card. I want this stamp! Judith xx

lisa said...

Lynne, this is stunning. What a lovely stamp, the poppies are beautiful, one of my favourite flowers too. I love the chocolate and turquiose and what a lovely other side, two for the price of one.
Hope you are coping with the snow.

Lisax

brenda said...

Now Lynne, I'm just so envious.

The HA poppy stamps never came in with the order before Christmas and I am still waiting.

Adore what you have done with it and now i 'want' mine.

B x

Sally H said...

OOoooh, Gorgeous! I need that stamp too! I often look at the back of things I've coloured in with promarkers, but that is just wonderful! Love it!

Lesley said...

Beautiful card Lynne, and the back looks great too! I love Hero Arts stamps too, I am sure I shall be buying a few new ones! xx

Neet said...

Love that Poppy stamp and both cards but the bottom one is just so gorgeous!

Doris said...

Love how you used this stamp! I just got the same one last month, and there are 3 posted on my blog; so I hope you'll stop by! I agree with you about Hero Arts--their floral stamps are gorgeous and the new catalog has lots of nice images.