Wednesday 22 April 2009

Pink! And blog candy!

Here's another card to go with my three previous ones. Same rules. Pink, I have to say, is not my favourite colour. But that was the colour of the papers I had to work with, and I must admit I'm actually quite pleased with the result. The sketch didn't seem the most exciting to begin with, but in fact its simplicity turned out to be its strength.

The flower stamps are Elusive Images by Graphicus. The word is by Starving Artistamps. The ribbon was a free gift, as were the papers.



Now for the blog candy! I'm going to give away some background papers. 50 random sheets of 6" x 6". I'll pick them from various manufacturers, eg. Papermania, Crafty Individuals, Basic Grey, K & Co, etc. I may throw in a couple of unmounted stamps as well, or other bits & pieces.

Posting a comment here will gain you one entry. You can get another by posting a link to a picture of a card you have made with magazine free gift papers! For a third entry, become a follower of this blog. (Current followers will automatically qualify for the extra entry if they leave a comment here.) If you'd care to put a link on your blog to this blog candy, your name will go into the draw for the fourth time. (NB. You don't have to do all of these, only those you'd like to!) I'll put all the entries received by the May Day bank holiday (May 4th) in a hat, get an independent person to make the selection & will post to the winner anywhere in the world.

5 comments:

MimiAnn said...

I agree Lynne sometimes the simplest designs come out the best. I like pinks, purples and pale blues so this fit the catorgary - AND you've made it so I am BOUND to like it!!!
I just adored the sheep one you posted last time. Why are they called 'sketch' cards????

Lynne K said...

Hi MimiAnn! Thanks for the kind comments. A "sketch" is a plan of how the various elements of the design are to be placed, so these cards have been made by following the sketch. When I get around to it, I'll make up a sketch of my own & put it on the blog so you can try it!!

Lesley said...

Beautiful card Lynne xx

Sally H said...

Lovely! I really ought to do something with some more of the papers in my stash! I am putting a link to your blog candy on my blog x

gocanucksgo said...

Hi Lynne! You've got a great little blog going on. Your cards are fantastic and so creative. I just found your blog and i'm glad I did lol. Keep up the great work and thanks for doing this candy =)