Sunday 18 January 2009

Harlequin Rose

I've just bought the latest plate from Graphicus, Harlequin Rose. It's so beautiful I couldn't resist it. Had to try it out straightaway, and here's the result. I sponged the background with pigment inks, stamped the image in black and then highlighted the rose and leaves using a damp brush to pick up some colour from the inkpads. The border along the bottom is part of the set. It will be so versatile and will work well with many of my other stamps. I felt the card needed a simple embellishment to finish it off, so I added a sheer ribbon bow, tied between two eyelets.

2 comments:

Sally H said...

This is stunning, Lynne! Gorgeous color combination. I think I might have to buy them too!

Lynne K said...

Thanks, Sally. I'm sure you wouldn't regret splashing out on the set!