Monday 12 January 2009

Back to work

Creative Lynks has a nice new look to begin the New Year! Thanks very much to Lesley, aka The Messy Crafter for pointing me in the direction of The Cutest Blog on the Block.com, who supply free backgrounds. Unfortunately their site is experiencing problems at the moment, but hopefully they'll soon be resolved.

It was a bit of a shock to the system, going back to work after the Christmas break, but at last my cold has gone, & I'm coping! I've even managed to make some ATCs for the Crafty Individuals ATC competition. There are so many talented artists who send samples to the Crafty Individuals gallery that I'm not expecting to win anything, but in true ATC tradition, all entries will be swapped, & I'm looking forward to getting some back in return for mine. The card class restarts this Wednesday, & I'm going to do ATCs for that. I'm quite addicted to making ATCs. I think it's their small size that appeals to me. Also they're quick to make and can become the focal point of a card if you need one in a hurry. I'm not going to post my competition entries here until after the closing date! But here are some I made earlier.

All of the people depicted in this first set are members of my family, grandparents and great grandparents.



The second set uses facsimile cigarette cards with stamped backgrounds. I tried to go for an aged look with these.



The "stamp" stamps in the next two are by Cherry Pie. Their website has some wonderful samples in their galleries.



The final two use mostly Crafty Individuals stamps.

4 comments:

Sally H said...

I'm very jealous! I spotted your blog was looking especially lovely and went straight to cutest blog.. only to find it had gone down again! Lovely ATCs by the way

Lynne K said...

Thanks Sally.

Hmm, yes, CBOTB does seem to be a bit hit & miss at the moment, but keep trying.

Lesley said...

Fabulous atcs Lynne - I love Crafty Individuals stamps and have one or two lol! xx

Lynne K said...

Thanks Lesley. You've got until 26th January to enter the CI ATC competition.... :-)