Sunday 3 May 2020

Flowers All The Way!

Whilst butterflies feature high on the list of my favourite topics, flowers are also right up there so I am delighted that the theme for our May Challenge at Stamping Sensations is

* * * * * SAY IT WITH FLOWERS * * * * *

We want you to show us your very best floral creations! Please remember that we are a stamping challenge, and the focal element of your project must reflect the theme. This means that flowers must be the main subject of your design. A few added flowers as an embellishment will not fit the criteria, and will not be eligible for the prizes. We prefer conventional hand stamping, but do allow digital images as long as they are hand coloured.

We have not one but two fabulous prizes this month! Our sponsors are the wonderful Chocolate Baroque, who have generously donated some of their fantastic new Blueprint stamps, and our very own Dora, who as well as being a member of our DT, is also a designer of the most beautiful digi stamps. She is offering a choice of four of her lovely images for the lucky winner.

As tulips are amongst my favourite flowers, I have used Dora's gorgeous tulip image for my card.

Having printed out the tulips onto watercolour paper (Cass Art Hot Press), I coloured them with Arteza watercolour pencils and diecut the image with a die from The Works. Before removing the panel from the die, I sponged around the edge with pigment ink.


The background paper has been in my stash for years! I bought it from Lakeland back in the days when they used to have a craft section in their shops. There were several different papers in the pack (I bought two packs!) and I have used up most of them, but the one I have used here has always been my favourite, as it is so pretty with the tulips and lovely spring colours. I did think twice about cutting it up for the card, but it fits so perfectly with the image, and since I had two sheets left, I decided to do it!  I will be keeping the remaining sheet!

Because the paper already has an appropriate printed sentiment within the pattern, I didn't think it needed anything adding to it, other than a little diecut butterfly (magazine freebie die).

 

Our lovely daughter, who is doing the shopping for us during the lockdown, surprised me yesterday with this gorgeous bunch of the real thing!


They are currently on the windowsill of my craft room, where they are outshining the needle felted one I made recently!


My teamies have a profusion of beautiful floral samples for you - they really have excelled themselves once again. Do go and have a look at them over on the Challenge Blog. We are so looking forward to seeing your entries and hope you will enjoy this month's challenge.



12 comments:

brenda said...

What a lovely bunch of Tulips from your daughter and those on your card are coloured beautifully. We have a good few in the garden but non that colour sadly.

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a stunning card Lynne. I love everything about it from the Digi and colouring to the beautiful backing paper.

Sue xx

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Lynne - so very pretty! and the paper is perfect behind the floral panel.
Your felted tulip is beautiful, but yes, outshone by the 'real thing'.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Viv said...

Great tulip card Lynne and the backing paper looks right at home! Lovely bouquet too! x

Marlies said...

A beautiful card with the lovely tuplips. The background is perfect for them.
The real tuplips from your daughter look lovely and your felt made one is very nice too. Marlies

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous. Loving this card, the colours and gorgeous added bits..xx

Sally H said...

A gorgeous card, Lynne! That paper is perfect! I think I have the same tulips from a friend for my birthday too. Your felted tulip is so beautiful! I love it

Tracy said...

So pretty Lynne, I have that backing paper and still in one piece too. Sometimes a paper pack comes along and we just want to keep it. Love your felted tulip.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beautiful tulip image Lynne and beautifully coloured too. That paper makes the perfect coordinating background for your panel - no hoarding now! LOL. What a lovely daughter to bring you a bunch of your favourite flowers with your shopping. They may be outshining your pretty felted tulip at the moment but once the real ones have faded, it will hold its own again! Take care, Vicky x

Greta said...

What a pretty card! And what a beautiful bouquet from your daughter! Love the felt tulip, too!

HilaryJane said...

Who doesn't love Tulips? what a great card and what a lovely daughter to bring you flowers with your shopping xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a lovely post. You’ve coloured Dora’s tulips beautifully and the backing paper that you’ve used fits in perfectly with them. The photos that you’ve posted are very beautiful too. As you can see Lynne, I’m way behind on my commenting as I lost two or three weeks due to a family bereavement but this post has been a lovely start to my day, thank you xx