Sunday 5 April 2020

Rainbows!

I do hope you are all staying safe and well in these uncertain times. We crafters are very lucky to have our hobbies to keep us busy, and we hope you will be able to join in our April challenge at Stamping Sensations, where our theme is

* * * * * SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW * * * * *

Although the theme was chosen quite some time ago, it has proved to be very apt at present as rainbows are seen as symbols of hope, and many children recently across the UK have been drawing rainbows and putting them in their windows to cheer passers by.

As the title suggests, you can take inspiration from the song or you can use the colours of the rainbow in your project (or both!) but the focal point of your entry must reflect the rainbow theme.

We are sponsored once again this month by BeCreative, who will be giving our lucky winner a fabulous £25 voucher to spend in their online shop.

I've chosen to be inspired by the colours and by the song. Singing is a great thing to do, and it is proven to be beneficial for both physical and mental health. I think the Italians, in lockdown, singing from their windows and balconies recently, had the right idea!

I began my project by using my ink dusters to brush various Memento inks through the music stencil to make the rainbow background. I stamped the singer on a separate piece of card, cut her out and adhered her to the rainbow panel with foam pads. The sentiment was stamped directly on to the panel, which was then matted first on to purple card and then on to a 6" x 6" base card. This was a very quick and easy card to make. The stamps are by Visible Image and the stencil is by Bee Crafty.

 

I am extremely lucky to live in a beautiful rural area, and am able to take my daily walk along the banks of the river which runs by our house. It is so quiet and peaceful there, the only sounds being the rippling water, the birds singing, and the wind in the trees. Truly special! I thought you may like to see a few photos from one of my recent strolls.




My teamies and I are so looking forward to seeing your rainbow-themed projects! I'm sure you will have no trouble at all in deciding what to make, but do go and have a look at the gorgeous examples which we have for you over on the Challenge Blog, as one can never have too many rainbows in one's life, and we certainly are in need of something to cheer us all up just now. Stay safe everyone!


9 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Lynne, I love the stencil you've used in the background. Your photos are beautiful, you are indeed lucky to live somewhere so pretty and where you can walk everyday too.

Sue xx

Viv said...

Lovely card Lynne!
No walking here for me sadly - simply can't make it back up the very steep hill to the house and as we can't drive to the local reservoir where we usually walk I am now having to rely on pics like you have posted of your lovely surroundings!

pinky said...

I'm just loving this card Lynne! Loving your gorgeous photos too. We do manage a walk with the dog everyday but looks like that is coming to an end.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Your card is bright and beautiful Lynne and the stamps and stencil work beautifully together. Your photos are wonderful too, so once these lock down restrictions are lifted. I'm coming to live with you! ;) Take care and stay safe xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your vibrant rainbow to show case your stunning singer Lynne - this is a wonderful card.
Your walk along the stream looks gorgeous - we are in autumn here and all our trees are changing colour, especially the maples. A beautiful time of year.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

brenda said...

I thought the very same about our theme Lynne, you have made a lovely inky background with the stencil and the VI image pops beautifully against it.

B x

Dora said...

Beautiful card also your pictures.

Tracy said...

A very groovy creation Lynne, I love your design. Stay safe and well.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sally H said...

A really beautiful card, Lynne, and keep the photos coming. The countryside seems an awfully long way away at the moment.