Sunday 5 January 2020

New Favourite Stamps For The New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone, and happy new challenge at Stamping Sensations! For our first challenge of 2020, we would like you to showcase your

* * * * * FAVOURITE STAMPS * * * * *

For this challenge, your favourite stamp should be the main element of your design, and must also follow our challenge rules, which can be found HERE, if you want it to be eligible for our prize or top 3 place. Our sponsor this month is Tattered Lace, and there will be a fab prize for the winner. Full details on the Challenge Blog

Now, I thought this would be an easy challenge! But trying to single out a favourite from all my thousands of stamps (I've been collecting them for over 30 years!) proved well-nigh impossible! So I decided I would have to choose one from my latest favourite stamp range, which is Aall & Create, and in particular the stamps designed for them by Tracy Evans.

I've used one of Tracy's most recent designs, the gorgeous teasel from set #240, for my card.

The circular part of the background was made with distress oxide inks, brushos and an Aall & Create stencil (#61) on my round gel plate. The corners were sponged with ink and some detail added with another A&C stencil (#27). The leaves and flower head were lightly coloured with Arteza coloured pencils. The sentiment is from Aall & create set #213.

As usual, there's plenty of inspiration for you over on the Stamping Sensations Challenge Blog. It's really interesting to see the variety of stamps which the DT have chosen as their favourites. We look forward to seeing yours!

9 comments:

Viv said...

Loving the colours here Lynne - a great stencil background too. Lovely card!x

Marlies said...

A beautiful card with a very elegant design and in lovely colours.

brenda said...

Lovely stamping and inkiness with your Gelli Plate Lynne, I think the circle one is my favourite as well. I'm a big fan of Tracy as well.

A belated Happy New Year.

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A lovely stamp Lynne and it works beautifully against your inky background. Wishing you a very happy and colourful New Year x

Kathleen said...

Well this is one make that I have not heard of, ashamed to say. Lovely image and a great stencil, fab colours.

Kath x

Sally H said...

That's beautiful, Lynne! Love the colours and the gelli plate print is gorgeous! I love it

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Lynne, this is an exquisite card - loving the soft colours you have used in both the gelli print and the sponged corners, and all the fabulous stenciling, which gives such depth to this beauty. The image you have used is perfect against the background - not too heavy, but still eye catching
Blessings
Maxine

pinky said...

I'm lost at even the word Gelli Plate but your card showcases it beautifully Lynne. That is one gorgeous stamp too.

Tracy said...

This is fab Lynne, love your design, I've just got a round gel plate but haven't had a go yet, still wearing my 'L' plates with all this inkiness LOL!
Happy crafting
Tracy x