Saturday 18 January 2020

Another Favourite Stamp

Here's another sample for this month's Stamping Sensations Challenge, where the theme is "Favourite Stamps. We've had some superb entries so far, and there's still plenty of time to enter and be in with a chance of winning a fabulous prize from our January sponsor Tattered Lace. Full details, including our challenge rules, are on the challenge blog.

 I think I like this Aall & Create stamp (#206 Hexagon Stem), again by Tracy Evans, even more than the one in my previous post.


I made another background on a gel plate, this time the 5" x 3" one, which I attached to an acrylic mount so I could use it like a stamp. I brayered distress oxide inks on to the plate, flicked some Brushos on to it with a fan brush, sponged some ink through an AAll & Create stencil (#39 Lotza Dotz) to add a bit of texture and then pressed it down on to a piece of Cass Art hot press watercolour paper, which is very smooth and excellent for stamping on.


The stamp is quite large and needed an A5 size base card to accommodate it. I stamped it over my background and lightly flicked some more Brushos over the whole piece. I then stamped the stamp a second time on a separate piece of the watercolour paper. I coloured the flower head and several of the hexagons with my favourite Arteza Watercolour Pencils, cut them out and decoupaged them over the main image with foam pads. Having tied a strip of raffia down one side, I matted it with a thin purple border on to the base card. The sentiment, by the way, is part of the stamp.


The Aall & Create range is quite different from the styles I usually go for, but I think it's good to step outside the comfort zone now and then. It makes one think in different ways and stops boredom creeping in. I'm really enjoying working with these stamps and stencils.


4 comments:

Marlies said...

A beautiful stylish card Lynne. Colour cheerful colours and a very nice design.

Kathleen said...

A really great modern image and love the bright and beautiful colours.

Kath x

kiwimeskreations said...

What an amazing, and beautiful card Lynne - love the vivid colours and the way you have created your background and used the stamp - the decoupage elements add just so much more to the overall design. Love it
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

Use this diet hack to drop 2 lb of fat in just 8 hours

Well over 160 thousand women and men are using a simple and secret "liquids hack" to drop 1-2 lbs each night in their sleep.

It is proven and works on everybody.

Here's how to do it yourself:

1) Go get a glass and fill it up with water half full

2) Then follow this weight losing hack

and be 1-2 lbs lighter in the morning!