Sunday 3 November 2019

Red, Green, Gold

Well, it's that time of the year again, you know, the one where I start to panic because it's November and I have made the grand total of 3 Christmas cards! I start the year with the best of intentions to do a few each month, but somehow that never happens. I do manage to get them done in the end. If only it could be in an atmosphere of calm relaxation instead of a frantic rush ! Oh well, maybe next year.....

Were it not for this month's Stamping Sensations Challenge, my grand total thus far would have been two! However, our November theme is to use

* * * * * TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS COLOURS * * * * *

and so my sample became Christmas card No. 3!

We would like to see your projects in the traditional colours of red, green and gold. You may use any or all of those colours, but the main focal image must be stamped and reflect the theme, otherwise it will not be eligible. This month we are delighted to be sponsored again by Chocolate Baroque, who have very kindly donated these two gorgeous stamp sets for our lucky winner.

         Let's Get Festive Rubber stamp sheet - A5    Hark the Christmas Rose individual unmounted rubber stamp  - A6

I have used the beautiful Christmas rose stamp for my card.

I used the no-line colouring technique, stamping the image with Desert Sand Memento ink, and colouring it with Arteza coloured pencils. I cut it out with a Spellbinders die, sponging a little red pigment ink around the edges before I removed it from the die. I covered the base card with a background paper by Dovecraft, mounted the image to it with foam pads, and added some tartan ribbon, die cut sentiment (Britannia Dies) and holly sprig (magazine freebie) to finish it off.

I love hellebores, they are such elegant flowers, so the Christmas rose is one of my favourite Chocolate Baroque stamps. It's lovely to colour, and in fact I did manage to have quite a relaxing hour or so doing it! Here's another close up.


I must admit to being a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas, so I am really looking forward to seeing lots of entries in those Christmas colours. I'm sure you won't have any trouble coming up with ideas for this theme, but do go and have a look at my teamies' samples on the Challenge Blog anyway, just to feast your eyes on their loveliness. Meanwhile, I had better make a start on card No. 4........

9 comments:

brenda said...

I'm rather with you on this one Lynn and enjoy traditional colours. Your Christmas Rose looks gloriously rich and vibrant.

B x

Viv said...

Great colouring here Lynn. The stamp looks perfectly at home against that great background!

Kathleen said...

A really stunning creation Lynne, love that image and the background papers, super colouring and what a great idea to edge the image while still in the die.

Kath x

Sally H said...

Loving your christmas rose, Lynne! Superb colouring! I hope you have managed some christmas card making time today xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

An exquisite card Lynne - My hellebore needs the dead heads removed before they seed everywhere (again). It was covered with blooms this past winter. I love how you have coloured the image, and the traditional colours are lovely
Blessings
Maxine

Marlies said...

I know what you mean with the last minute stress and like you I try to make Christmas cards during the year but never do. You have made a beautiful card with a lovely flower stamp. Great colouring with the no line techique.
Marlies

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Lynne, I love the traditional colours you've used on the Christmas Rose stamp.

Sue xx

Joan said...

A beautiful card Lynne, I love that stamp and it is so beautifully coloured

Joan x

Dora said...

What a beautiful card. Beautiful colouring on the image. Here also little bit behind with christmas cards. I have 8 cards....I have also buy this year new christmas stamps(house mouse) but not used. I hope to get some time. Good luck and have fun making the cards.