Sunday 18 November 2018

Getting there!

Well, I have managed to make a few more Christmas cards!

I'm particularly pleased with this one, because the background is not printed paper, believe it or not, it's stamped! I love tartan and plaid backgrounds, as they are colourful and go with many themes, so when I saw this new stamp set by Concord & 9th, I was delighted! I can now make my own plaid papers in whatever colours I like!

For the topper I've used the Woodware Lino Cut Wren (which I think could also be a robin!) and embellished with poinsettia dies by Marianne Design and pine branch by Britannia Dies. The sentiment is computer generated and cut out with a die by The Works. Stitched circle dies also by The Works.

This card also fits our November challenge at Stamping Sensations, where the theme is "Get Ready For Christmas!" There's still plenty of time to enter. Pop over to the Challenge Blog for all the details.

Now, only another 60 or so Christmas cards to go.............

6 comments:

Viv said...

What a fab background stamp Lynne... another for the wish list {sighs}!
Lovely card!

Marlies said...

A beautiful card and a lovely tartan background it does look like DP.
You have a long way to go making 60 Christmas cards pfff. Marlies x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A beautiful card Lynne and I would never have guessed that the background was stamped. I was just thinking what a great job you’d done making embellishments to match the background paper. I can imaging that you will get a lot of use as you can change the colours to suit. I hope that you’re keeping well and happy x

Kathleen said...

How strange I also have this stamp and the one Sally posted today.
This is really gorgeous, love the papers and the super colours you have chosen, a really lovely card.

Kath x

pinky said...

Lynne this is just gorgeous. I am loving your choice of wintry colours.

Greta said...

Beautiful card! I love the plaid you created!