Monday 9 December 2013

Calendar

I've seen lots of sticky note holders lately on Pinterest, and I think they're a great idea and make nice little gifts. I wanted to make some with calendars for Christmas presents. This is my own design.

The calendar, photo and sticky note pad are all removable so that they can be replaced. (The little girl's face is obscured in the photo as I didn't have permission from her parents to show it online.) Printed papers are by Provocraft (they must be about 10 years old!) and the butterflies are cut with Cheery Lynn dies. Here's a side view so you can see how it stands up.

Here you can see how the sticky note pad sits in a tray, so that it is easy to remove if required. A loop of tape, glued under the tray, holds the pencil in place.



 And here it is folded up.




This was my prototype, and I want to make a few more. On the others I may change the photo for a stamped or other type of picture, or the butterflies for different embellishments, but the style will remain essentially the same. Am also still in the middle of making Christmas cards. At the moment my desk looks like an explosion in a paper factory......... 

6 comments:

mamapez5 said...

Such a good idea for gifts Lynn. I love your design. I still have a few cards to make. I'm usually done by now but this year the time seems to have flown even faster. I'd better start in January next year! Kate x

Sally H said...

It is gorgeous, Lynne! Love it! Hoping to get yours in the post very soon! our house is beginning to look like we have been burgled by fairies, lol! folders of stamps strewn across the floor and a sheen of glittery dust!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

great idea Lynne. Love the versatility of the design as well as it being a practical gift.
Blessings
Maxine

Eret said...

Lynn, this is fantastic project. Love your idea and the way you designed it. It would make a fabulous gift to someone special.
Eret x

♥Gemma♥ said...

What a beautiful calendar and thank you for stopping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment on my challenge card...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

craftimamma said...

What a great idea this is Lynne. I might have to 'borrow' that but promise I'll link back if I do.

Hugs
Lesley Xx