Sunday 1 December 2013

A Free and Easy end to our Challenge year

Well, it's time for our final challenge of 2013 at Stamping Sensations. If you're like me, you'll be frantically trying to get the Christmas preparations sorted at the same time as keeping up with all the regular stuff. Anyone who has finished making all their Christmas cards by now has my ardent admiration! The rest of you will, I'm sure, be grateful that our December Challenge has the theme of

***** FREE AND EASY *****

so anything goes! If you're still on with the Christmas cards (like me!), you could show us those. If not, we'd love to see what else you've been working on lately.

As usual we've got a fabulous sponsor to help us round off the year, Visible Image, an all-British company with a fantastic range of stamps, no less than 5 sets of which have been very generously donated by them for our prize.


Anyway, on to my card. It's a Christmas one, of course, 40 down, about another 30 still to go!



I treated myself to an early Christmas present of a couple of Memory Box dies which I've had my eye on for quite some time. The one I've used here is called Tessatina Border. I cut it out of both red and green card, and then inserted the green cut-out into the space left in the red card. It was then framed with the X-cut Poinsettia Border punch. That was another new buy! I was delighted recently when The Range opened a new branch not 10 miles away from me, a small oasis in the crafting desert in which I live! Had to go and check it out, of course, and couldn't resist the Poinsettia punch. So pretty, and needn't be confined to Christmas cards!

The card was finished with some flowers cut with the Marianne Design Mini Poinsettia die set, a Spellbinders bauble diecut overstamped with a Waltzing Mouse stamp, and a sentiment also by Waltzing Mouse. The background paper was a freebie from Making Cards Magazine.


My amazing teamies have some stunning samples to inspire you with. Do go and have a look at them on the Challenge Blog. We had a brilliant response to our Christmas theme last month, and I'm sure you'll all do us proud with your entries for December. Can't wait to see them!

Now, back to the Christmas card production line.......

8 comments:

Sally H said...

A Gorgeous vibrant card, Lynne! I love that border! Back to the production line for me too!

brenda said...

A lovely traditional feel Lynne, just beautiful.

B x

mamapez5 said...

A beuatiful card Lynn. I love the tessatina border. I bought it after my sister (Jean Straw), used it on an Easter card to me. It is so delicate. I love what you have done with it. that paper piecing must have taken a while! Kate x

kiwimeskreations said...

Awesome card - I love how you have used both the negative and positive die cuts!
Blessings
Maxine

craftimamma said...

Beautiful card Lynne! Lovely traditional colours and very pretty new die cuts. I've loads of cards still to make yet but ....... I'm pleased with myself because I changed my mind about my Pay it Forward gifts and I'VE FINISHED THEM!!!! Lol! Just hope it doesn't take me as long to get them in the post ;-)

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Eret said...

Very beautiful Christmas card, Lynne. I like how you used the border die and punches. Your card looks really festive.
Eret x

Tracy said...

Hi Lynne
What a fabulous card, love your papers and baubles.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Words and Pictures said...

Love the full-on traditional colours - this is full of festive joy. Great inspiration for the challenge, thank you.
Alison x