Sunday 16 December 2012

More treemendous inspiration!

We're halfway through our December challenge at Stamping Sensations, where our theme is "Treemendous". I wanted a change from cards and Christmas stuff, so I made a little notebook.



 I cut an aperture with a Spellbinders Nested Maple Leaf die and stamped a little scene to go inside it. The trees are by Inkylicious and the fence and sheep by Hobby Art. The background hills and foreground grasses are hand drawn. The two small maple leaves are from the same die set, and the corners are cut with a Woodware punch.



 I stamped the same trees on each page for a bit of inside interest, bound it all together with my Bind-It-All, and finished it off with a ribbon hanger and fibres for decoration.





I also had to make a quick birthday card. Very clean and simple, it took me about 10 minutes!



Same maple leaf die, a Crafty Individuals tree stamp, a peel off greeting and various layers of paper.



Anyway, I hope that's given you some more tree inspiration. If you haven't entered our challenge yet, there's still plenty of time. Oh, and we have made a couple of slight changes to our rules! We realise  not everyone has time or can afford to make projects just for a specific challenge, so we have removed the restriction of 6 challenges and you can now enter any number of challenges as well as ours. Also you can enter up to three cards or projects of any type (rather than each entry having to be a different type of project). We hope that will help to make entering easier for you, and we look forward to seeing lots of lovely creations!

One more thing! We are getting very close to 1000 followers, so it's candy time at Stamping Sensations! Click on the link on my side bar to take you to the challenge post for all the details!




5 comments:

Sally H said...

What a beautiful little gift and a very elegant card! I love them both. I really ought to use my bind it all and make a few of these!

kiwimeskreations said...

What awesome tree projects - love the scene - very cleverly assembled, and the leave aperture is a fantastic idea.
Blessings
Maxine

Jean said...

I love little notebooks and this one is super. I like how you have created the scene inside the leaf aperture, and the stamping on each page is a lovely touch. Jean x

lisa said...

I love the way you have stamped your scenes into the leaf aperture, Lynne, that looks really lovely. Well done for having a break from the Christmas stuff. It just takes over at this time of year doesn't it. Your notebook is beautiful.
Hope you have a good week.
hugs Lisax

Tracy said...

Hi Lynne
This is so gorgeous, I love your trees, and the designs are fabulous too.
Merry Christmas to you and your Family
Happy crafting
Tracy x