Sunday 2 December 2012

A Treemendous finish to the year!

It's our final challenge for 2012 at Stamping Sensations, and the theme is

TREEMENDOUS!

Plenty of scope there. They could be Christmas trees, if you haven't yet finished your Christmas cards, or if you have and you can't bear to contemplate any more festive foliage, any other kind of tree will be perfect! If you're a lateral thinker you might go for family trees, or shoe trees... or not! But whatever your arboreal aspirations, we want to see them!

Trees being one of my favourite topics, I have really been looking forward to this month! When I was at Stamp Magic in October, I couldn't resist buying the fabulous Inkylicious Christmas Tree Flourish, and that is what I've used for my card.






I stamped it with Versamark ink on to white card and embossed it with WOW Neutral Ultra Shimmer embossing powder, which gave it the most gorgeous shimmery sparkle which unfortunately is hard to see in the photo. I then covered the whole thing with Chipped Sapphire Distress Stain, which the embossed areas resisted, of course, and matted it first on to white card and then a piece coloured with the same Distress Stain. The computer generated sentiment was cut with a Nestie label die, and the little snowflakes with a Tonic Studios punch. Quite a simple design, but I don't think the tree needs anything more to complement it.


















Our lovely sponsor this month is Visible Image, a British company based in South Wales, who have a fantastic range of stamps. They have given us this amazing selection for our prize.


So, if you'd like to be in with a chance of winning, show us your Treemendous creations. Just remember that your entry may be combined with no more than five other challenges (that's 6 in total including ours), otherwise sadly it will be ineligible. My talented teamies have come up with some brilliant inspiration for you, so don't forget to check it out on the Challenge Blog. I can't wait to see yours!

9 comments:

mamapez5 said...

That is a beautiful Christmas tree stamp. I must keep an eye out for that for next year!
lovely card. I'm going to get mine written today.
Kate x

Sally H said...

It is gorgeous, Lynne! I love the sparkle and the chipped sapphire looks like velvet! I may have to borrow that idea for another day!

Ruth said...

Gorgeous card, Lynne! I love the dramatic colour scheme. Ruth x

brenda said...

Sally is quite right Lynne, it does indeed look just like velvet and so lush. The tree is beautifully elegant as well.

B x

craftimamma said...

I always love white on dark blue, it's such an elegant combination and that tree image is a stunner. It's so beautifully detailed. Absolutely gorgeous card Lynne.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Paper Profusion said...

I havn't seen that stamp before - it is stunning. Love the card colour and design. Nicola x

pinky said...

Wow Lynne its absolutely stunning and what a gorgeous colour backdrop against the white tree. I love it.

lisa said...

This is a gorgeous tree, Lynne and you are right, it doesn't need much to show it off to perfection. I love the blue and white combo you've used, it looks so classy!!!
I need to find that Nestie label you use for your sentiment. I spotted it on one of your other cards and loved it.
Hope you are keeping well and have not suffered with the bad weather.
Hugs Lisax

Tracy said...

Lynne this looks absolutely gorgeous, I love it!!!!
Happy crafting
Tracy x