Friday 4 June 2021

Gorgeous new stamps!

Haven't had anything I could share recently, as I've been busy making samples for Crafty Individuals' newest stamp release, which is happening today on The Craft Store, at 10.00am and 2.00pm! There are four new stamps from drawings by Maria Kitano, plus a new background designed by Jean Hardy and they are all absolutely gorgeous! I've really enjoyed working with them. 

And now I can show you some of my samples, with more to follow. I think this lovely toadstool is my favourite. I kept the design quite simple, with an ink-sprayed background and stencilled leaves, to let the toadstool take centre stage.


Here we have the cheerful robin - or it could be a bluetit, or a sparrow, or a chaffinch, or any number of other similar sized birds, depending on how you want to colour it. It would work as a Christmas card, or could be used any time of the year by simply cutting away the background and holly leaves and adding other flowers instead. So it's a really versatile stamp.


Next is the pretty teacup, which I've coloured with pencils and adhered with foam pads over a Crafty Individuals background paper, with the addition of  a few extra flowers, a paper doily and an image from one of the Crafty Individuals Miniature Image books which I thought went perfectly with the stamp.


My second favourite is the gull, perched on his post at the seaside. On this card I've also used the new background stamp, which I've embossed in white. Again, an ink-sprayed background and various other seaside elements, all Crafty Individuals stamps.


The gull also appears on this 6" x 6" seaside canvas. Having stamped him on to Crafty Individuals white satin stamping card, I cut him out and coloured him with pencils, and then did the same with the lighthouse and small gull. I used blending brushes to make the background with Distress Oxide inks, then added some texture with grit paste, art stones and real shells. The alphabet beads spelling out "By The Sea" are threaded on to a wire hanger which was recycled from last year's calendar. A spot of glue kept the beads in place.

All the stamps I've used on these projects are by Crafty Individuals. Along with the new stamps, a few older Maria Kitano designs will also be on today's shows. I will show you my samples for those in my next post, along with more of the new ones. As usual, Jean will be doing some of her brilliant demos, as well as showing lots of stunning samples made by my very talented design teamies. I'm just off to make a cuppa and get ready to watch. I hope you enjoy the shows. I know you will love the stamps!

4 comments:

Joan said...

Beautiful samples Lynne, I could not say which is my favourite as I love them all. I do love the Gull and the lighthouse as I love all seaside themes but then again the teacup is beautiful and that background stamp would go with anything and I'm already planning my Christmas cards with the robin stamp !
Just lovely

Joan x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a wonderful collection of samples Lynne. I love the little canvas at the end.

Sue xx

Pat said...

Fabulous samples using these new and added older images to make five fabulous creations Lynne with beautifully colours and some wonderful inspirational designs. x

Sally H said...

Absolutely stunning samples, Lynne! I love them all very much!