Friday 19 February 2021

A Day At The Zoo!

Here are some more of my samples for Crafty Individuals. The new stamps, designed by Ellie Mulligan,  have now been released and will be on their website very soon. All stamps are by Crafty Individuals.

The background for this easel card was made with Distress Oxide inks using blending brushes. I hand cut a stencil for the footprints.























I had some lovely handmade paper in my stash, which I thought would go well with the elephants. I stencilled some hearts on to the background piece (stencil by Bee Crafty) and used the same paper, minus stencilling, to stamp the elephants on. I matted and layered them on to the background with some patterned paper from Crafty Individuals "Wonderfully Weathered 2" set of A5 papers.






















Pink again for the flamingo, but this time with a stencil from Lavinia Stamps for the background. The feathers die was a magazine freebie.






















Another Distress Oxide background, with a bit of shading on top using Arteza coloured pencils. The giraffe was coloured with Arteza Fineliner pens.






















A simple Brusho background for this zebra portrait.


The elephants again! I was playing with some spray inks (Dylusions shimmer sprays and Distress Oxide sprays) and a stencil by That's Crafty (available from Crafty Individuals), and the resulting papers reminded me of Indian fabrics. I thought they would be perfect as a background for the elephants. I stamped them with Versafine Clair ink on Crafty Individuals white satin stamping card and embossed them with clear powder. I carefully coloured them with Arteza Fineliners, and then managed to smudge ink on to the white areas surrounding the image, having forgotten that it wouldn't dry over the embossed parts! What to do? I didn't want to just throw it away as it had taken ages to colour! I suddenly realised that it would be the perfect opportunity to try out my new Posca brush pen with gold ink, which I used to colour over all the white areas. I think it actually enhanced the image. Happy accident! A sentiment from Crafty Individuals CI-464 stamp set, and a little bit of bling, finished off the card nicely.






















Hope you have enjoyed this little trip to the zoo! Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW Lynne - this is an amazing selection of fantastic cards - loving all the details and how you have used the wonderful stamps - especially on the first card
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a stunning collection of samples Lynne. I love them all.

Sue xx

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You have made a wonderful start to being on the DT and your designs are wonderful! Love them all!

Pat said...

What a fabulous collection of bright and beautiful creations Lynne and love them all. I do particularly love the first with the giraffe and zebra, one at each side as though peeking out from behind with the wonderful added footprints, and then the other scene with the beautifully colour giraffe and added silhouette animals is stunning too. I love the black and white and the the brightly coloured elephants and some super background papers, and you have given the black and white flamingo a beautiful coordinating stencil to go with another great paper. I think the black and white zebra against the black background with the terrific Brusho frame is brilliant too. x

Kathleen said...

A fabulous collection of super images, colours and designs.

Kath x

Audrey R said...

Loving all the animals Lynne. The zebra is a must so is the giraffe I think love the footprints too.