Sunday 2 August 2020

A Difficult Subject?!

Do you, like me, often struggle with cards for men, or boys? If so, never fear, Stamping Sensations is here! Our August challenge theme is 

* * * * * MAKE IT MASCULINE * * * * *

and the Design Team have some fabulous samples for you to give you some inspiration. You can see them on the Stamping Sensations Challenge Blog. Not only that, the prize for this month is this trio of gorgeous stamp sets, all of which would be suitable for male relatives and friends (though I'm sure that anyone would appreciate the beautiful designs).













To be eligible for the prize, the masculine element of your project must be the main image, and it must be hand stamped, or a hand coloured digital image. Please take a few moments to read carefully our challenge rules, which are HERE. It is such a shame when we have to disqualify an otherwise gorgeous entry because it doesn't fit our requirements.

I don't often use clean and simple designs on my cards, though I do like them, but I needed a birthday card in a hurry, and I thought the CAS style would suit this lovely new Oystercatchers image from Woodware.

















I simply stamped all the images straight on to the base card and coloured the birds' beaks and feet with Zig Clean Colour pens. A touch of Gelly Roll clear glaze pen gave them a glint in the eye. The large oystercatcher image and the small flying birds are from the Woodware set, the sentiment is a magazine freebie. It probably took me about 10 minutes from start to finish, very simple but I do like the graphic effect, monochrome except for the pop of red. 


12 comments:

brenda said...

This is so striking in monochrome with just the hints of red Lynne, very brave as it's always so tempting to go a bit further.

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful CAS card Lynne.

Sue xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A beautiful card Lynne and I love the design of the stamp, it's lovely and as you say, great if you need to make a card in a hurry. I have to say that I think I've got a lot better at making masculine than I used to be, although I still have to resist the temptation not to use feminine fonts or sentiments! Take care and stay happy xx x

Joan said...

Stunning card Lynne, another stamp going on my wish list! I love black and white cards and the little pops of red really lift it


Joan x

Viv said...

I loved this Lynne. Perfect CAS card and right up my street!

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Lynne! I love your CAS use of this card and it is perfect for a men's card. I don't know if it has something to do with there being more men than women in the family, but I am quite happy doing male cards as long as they are into nature. It is sport themed ones that I find harder

Marlies said...

A lovely stylish card and very effectieve in the monochrome CAS look. Marlies

Tracy said...

Well balanced and fabulous Lynne, I love cards like this especially for men.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Zoechaos said...

Well this is simply fantastic the little pop of red with these strong images just takes it from ordinary to special. This is a triumph for any gender. x

pinky said...

I love the gorgeous fresh, bold feel of your card in the black and white Lynne. Beautiful stamps!! Masculine cards can be hard alright lol.

EmmaT said...

Very stylish, the splash of red works so well with the black and white. Emma

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

My first time entering at Stamping Sensations - thanks for the inspiration, Lynne! Just love the black/white bird image with just the beaks and legs colored - perfect for a guy!!