Sunday 5 July 2020

Creatures of all sizes!

July already, and time for a new challenge at Stamping Sensations! It's one of my favourite themes too!

* * * * * ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL * * * * *

We want to see any type of real creature on your projects - animals, wild or domestic, birds, bugs, butterflies - but no teddy bears or fantasy creatures such as unicorns or dragons! And please note our usual rules, that they must be the focal point of your entry, and they must be stamped and fit the theme. A small stamped element added to a mainly stencilled or die cut project will not be eligible. We prefer conventional hand stamping, but do allow digital images as long as they are hand coloured.

If you don't have any creature stamps, look no further than our wonderful July sponsor Crafty Individuals, who have the most amazing designs of all types of animals, birds and butterflies, as well as all sorts of other stunning stamps, papers and accessories. The have donated a fab £25 voucher for the winning entry, to be spent in their online shop.

Crafty Individuals have been one of my favourite companies ever since I first discovered them, many years ago now, not just for their fantastic products but also for their excellent customer service. All the stamps I have used on my card are by Crafty Individuals.

During my most recent craft room tidy up I rediscovered some old ink sprays. Many of them were dried up and had to be disposed of, but a few were still ok, so I decided to use them to make a background. A couple that I had were shimmery, the others were plain. My background is a mixture of both.

I stamped the Hare And Moon (CI-508) first on watercolour card, and masked it, before spraying the background. I did actually spray some of the shimmery ink through a stencil (by Bee Crafty) but it doesn't show up very well, though I rather like the effect. I grounded the hare by using another mask and sponging with pigment ink. I stamped the crow (from the Crow Plate CI-361), and the grasses from CI-495 Perching Pied Wagtail (masking off the bird before inking) and from CI-207 Ferns And Grasses set.

It just so happened, (quite unintentionally!) that where I stamped the crow was over some of the shimmery spray, and the shimmer showed through the ink. It gave the crow a sort of ethereal, dream-like quality, which tied in rather nicely with the sentiment, which is also from the Crow Plate. Serendipity!

My teamies  have come up with some superb samples once again, so do pop over to the Challenge Blog and have a look at them. I promise you will not be disappointed. I am really looking forward to seeing this month entries!

8 comments:

brenda said...

A super creation Lynne, I envisage your Hare is sitting on a misty morning decided whose crops to munch next, certainly that's the norm in these parts.

B x

Viv said...

Oh he's fabulous Lynne. I really didn't know what to do with him but the way you've sat him on the hillside and coloured round him is wonderful! Love it.

Marlies said...

You have made a wonderful scenery card with the hare Lynne. Great work.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Lynne this is gorgeous - love that ethereal look to the crow, and yes, it certainly 'fits' the sentiment! A fabulous background you created, and I could just see the stenciling in one corner
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card and stamp that you've used to make it. I can just see this hare sitting amongst the heather on the moors in Scotland.

Sue xx

Sally H said...

An absolutely stunning card, Lynne! I love it! sooooo beautiful with those colour sprays and the gorgeous scene you created x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous background Lynne, You've made the perfect scene for your Hare. Gorgeous creation.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

EmmaT said...

Beautiful scene, has a lovely mystic feel. Emma