Sunday 18 August 2019

More Things With Wings

Just a quick reminder of this month's challenge at Stamping Sensations, where our theme is "Things With Wings". See the Challenge page for full details.

Here's another of my samples.

The butterfly stamp is one of my old favourites, by Hero Arts. It was one of the first stamps I ever bought (must be over 25 years ago now!!), and I still love it. I coloured it with Arteza watercolour pencils, diecut it with a Lawn Fawn die, and sponged pigment ink around the edge before removing it from the die. I matted it on to a piece of lilac card.

The background is a section of the printed layer of a paper napkin (separated from the plain layers), which I affixed to a piece of white card and then matted on to the lilac card. The tiny sentiment and butterfly were magazine freebies.

There's still plenty of time to join in our "Things With Wings" challenge, and there's a fab prize on offer of a £25 voucher from our lovely sponsors Rubber Dance, but of course, you've got to be in it to win it!

8 comments:

Sally H said...

This is so beautiful! I do love how you coloured the butterflies too. Gorgeous card xxx

Viv said...

This is so pretty Lynne!

Marlies said...

A beautiful card Lynne. Lovely bright and cheerful colours. You made a lovey background for the butterflies with a napkin.

Kathleen said...

Love the subtle background and the lovely colouring of the super butterflies. Lovely background papers too.

Kath x

kiwimeskreations said...

How gorgeous - love the butterflies and how you have coloured them. The napkin background is beautiful.
Blessings
Maxine

Tracy said...

This is gorgeous Lynne, I love how you did the multi coloured border around the image, great idea.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

brenda said...

A very belated visit just to say what a great creation for our mid month post Lynn, love the pretty colours.

B x

HilaryJane said...

I love how you have added ink blending round the edges of the butterflies and that flowery background is just amazing. I would never think of using paper napkins but I have seen it a couple of times on cards now so perhaps it is worth a try xx