Sunday 2 June 2019

Blue, Purple, Turquoise

It's hard to believe, but already we are halfway through our 2019 challenges at Stamping Sensations! This year is flying by! We've had some great themes so far, and loads of wonderful entries, and there are plenty more to come.

For June we would like you to

* * * * * SHOW YOUR TRUE COLOURS * * * * *

By, that, we mean use your favourite colours in your project! This is a nice and easy theme, and one you probably shouldn't have to think too hard about. However, please do remember that your entry/entries must still follow our challenge rules, which you can read here on the challenge blog. 

We are delighted to welcome back Visible Image as our fab sponsor this month. They are offering a super £25 voucher for the very lucky winner to spend in their online shop. I'm a big fan of their amazing stamps, several of which I have used for my card.

My favourite colours have always been those at the cool end of the spectrum - blues, purples, turquoises, and greens. Shades of the sky and the sea, and of the earth and the trees. Calming and soothing hues. I think one of the reasons I feel so much more relaxed living in this beautiful rural area than in the city which was our previous home is that I look out every day over rolling green fields, majestic trees and distant hills, with stunning big skies overhead, although the latter are looking pretty grey at this moment!

My card reflects those heavenly colours. The circle background was done on a gel plate, with Distress Oxide inks, then I used a fan brush to flick some diluted Brushos over the whole square. I stamped elements from Visible Image's "Creative Chaos", "Wings of Change" and "Random Art of Kindness" sets, using Versafine Clair ink, and coloured them with Arteza coloured pencils (my new favourite art medium!). I sponged the edges of the picture with pigment ink to define them before matting it onto a background made with alcohol inks. No, I hadn't intended seeing how many different media I could use on one card, that's just how it turned out!

Occasionally I like to challenge myself and tiptoe outside my comfort zone with a different colour scheme, but I did so enjoy creating this card! I can tell by my teamies' beautiful samples that they also enjoyed indulging themselves, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you nip over to the Challenge Blog and have a look at them. I am looking forward to a rainbow of entries!

8 comments:

brenda said...

It's a beautiful blend of muted colours Lynn with little hints of green coming through the blues and purples.

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Lynne, I love the stamps you've used too.

Sue xx

Viv said...

Currently in love with Arteza too....!
Bakcground is such an array of pretty colours Lynn - great card.

Kathleen said...

A really super card Lynne, love the blend of the lvoely colours.

Kath x

Joan said...

Beautiful card Lynne, love the colours


Joan

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Your card reflects your favourite colours beautifully Lynne and the composition is perfect. This is my favourite of all the latest VI stamp sets and I love how you've showcased these lovely stamps. Another one on my very long crafty wish list ;) x

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Lynne! I love the colours and those stamps are fab. Beautiful inkiness xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful colours blended gorgeously...I have just ordered this stamp and love how you used it. You have a delightful and inspiring blog, hence I am now following you.xx[aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥