Sunday 5 August 2018

What's your favourite?

We're well into the summer holiday season now, so to keep things nice and easy our August Challenge at Stamping Sensations is an "anything goes"one but with a twist!

* * * * * ANYTHING GOES WITH YOUR FAVOURITE STAMP * * * * *

The choice of topic is yours, but your project must include your favourite stamp as its focal point! This can be an all-time or current favourite; if you are anything like me, you'll find it hard to decide! My current favourite tends to be whichever one I've just bought! However, I have several old faithful stamps which I find myself going back to again and again.

So, on my sample I've used a current favourite and some all-time favourites!

























My current favourite stamp is the gorgeous "Coneflower" by Rubber Dance, who happen to be our lovely sponsors this month. They have an amazing collection of stamps and have donated a fab £25 voucher for the lucky winner.

I stamped the flowers on to a background coloured with Distress Oxide inks, stamped and cut out two extra flowers to decoupage on the front, and then embellished with my all-time favourite Hero Arts butterflies. The flowers and butterflies were coloured with Zig Clean Color markers. Backing paper is by Bee Crafty and I cut out the easel shapes with dies from The Works. Sentiment by Hobby Art.

It has been interesting to see the selection of favourites that my teamies have come up with - lots of flowers and butterflies, animals, gorgeous girls, and a touch of fantasy too! Do pop over to the Challenge Blog and have a look at them. I can't wait to see yours!

7 comments:

brenda said...

We were both drawn to th RD Conflowers Lynne but have come up with totally different creations and I really do like your use of it as well as a circle easel which always appeal to me.

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This circular easel card works so well with the stamps that you've used Lynne. It's like looking at three cards in one and I like how you've cut out the flowers and butterfly to add an extra dimension, it's a lovely card x

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Lynne! I love it! I do love the cone flowers

pinky said...

I am loving that card shape Lynne, showcased to perfectly with the gorgeous stamps and colours!

Crafting Queen said...

Really wonderful card!

Bibi Lindahl said...

Stunning creation, Lynne! I LOVE how you've used our Coneflower stamps. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Thank you so much! ♥

World of Animals, Inc said...

Love the intricate detailing and design that you used on this card. Very pretty coloring. Thanks for the share, hope you have a fantastic weekend. Keep up the posts.

World of Animals