Sunday 6 May 2018

It's only natural

We have a lovely new challenge theme for May at Stamping Sensations, and it's one of my favourites! This month we would like you to get

* * * * * CLOSE TO NATURE * * * * *

and show us your projects depicting the natural world. Lots of possibilities here, but please do remember that the main image of your design must be stamped and must fit the theme if you wish it to be considered for a prize or top 3 place.

Our sponsor for May needs no introduction, I'm sure - it's the fabulous Chocolate Baroque, who have donated one of their stunning Wild Meadow A4 Stamp Sets plus a sheet of mounting foam for the very lucky winner.

For my card I used some of the stamps from the Wild Meadow set, along with some from one of my all time favourite Chocolate Baroque sets, Spring Foliage, which features bluebells, pussy willow and alder catkins, all of which are in flower around here just now, timed perfectly for our theme!

I stamped various flowers and foliage from the two sets on the base card, stamped the bluebells and coloured them with Zig Clean Color pens, diecut them with a die from The Works, and attached them to the base card with foam pads.


 A tiny butterfly and sentiment from Hobby Art completed the design.


My amazing teamies have some absolutely beautiful samples to show you over on the Stamping Sensations Challenge Blog, and they would be so pleased if you were able to visit their personal blogs too, where you can see their projects in more detail. I'm really quite excited about our nature theme, and am hoping to see lots of lovely entries! Good luck everyone!

11 comments:

brenda said...

A really beautiful color palette Lynne and you whole card just say's Spring in all it's beauty.

Have a lovely and hopefully sunny Sunday.

B x

pinky said...

I feel like I have just been dipped right into Spring at last Lynne with your gorgeous card. Loving those colours.

Joan said...

Lovely colours Lynne and I love the pretty bluebells, just starting to flower in the woods near us.



Joan x

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love it x Reminds me of the walk we did last weekend with bluebells, cowslips and primroses. It definitely says spring

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Such a beautiful card Lynn and the colours are just perfect together, I adore that shade of blue x

kiwimeskreations said...

An exquisite card Lynn - love your delightful background of flowers and foliage around the delightful focal image.
Blessings
Maxine

mamapez5 said...

A beautiful springtime card Lynne. The colours are perfect, and I love that stampset, which I also have. Kate xx

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card Lynne. Lovely colours, design and very nice stamps. You made a stunning stylish creation. Marlies

Viv said...

Beautiful Springtime card Lynne - fab colour combo.

rachel said...

so very beautiful - I adore this! Hugs rachel x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! The spring flowers and colours are magical 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊