Thursday 1 March 2018

Snow!

We tend not to get much snow here. In the six years we've lived here, I could count on one hand the number of significant snowfalls we've had, none of which lasted for very long. This winter is definitely making up for the rest, though! More snow than I can remember for a long time.

The sight that greeted us when we looked out across the field this morning was quite amazing. The gale force wind was blowing the snow over the hill and it looked like water flowing over a weir. One day a waterfall of snowdrops (these are in the garden next door!) ....


.... the next a waterfall of snow! (Best viewed full screen to see the effect.)


Just thought I'd also upload a few photos from the last couple of days, mostly taken through the window! So glad I didn't have to go out in it! I daresay the sheep are used to being outdoors in all weathers, but I do feel sorry for them. The birds have certainly been taking advantage of our feeders, which we are having to top up every day.







"And as I was just saying to Mrs Sparrow...."



Can't remember the last time we had icicles!

So cold, the river froze at the edges

But it looked lovely when the sun shone




Mind your head!
It's been an interesting few days, but if the weather would get a bit warmer and drier very soon I'd be most grateful!

2 comments:

Joan said...

Fab photos Lynne. We've got lots of snow too and when I opened the bedroom curtains this morning I was greeted by an enormous icicle and it's been getting bigger all day , long time since we saw some of them


Joan

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautiful photos Lynne. We’ve got lots of snow here in Yorkshire too, very pretty x