Sunday 18 June 2017

Poppies & Daisies

Couldn't resist the beautiful new set from Hobby Art: Floral Mix, designed by Janie Burnett-Bleach.

To make this card, I first stamped the flowers with Versafine ink (in Smokey Gray as I didn't want harsh black outlines), masking as necessary, and then, with all masks still in place, coloured the background by sponging with pigment inks. Next the leaves were stamped, after which I removed the masks. The flowers and leaves were coloured with watercolour pencils, and the bee and dragonflies were stamped and coloured. Finally, I added some shading around the images and some glitter glue to the insects' wings. All stamps by Hobby Art.


















Our garden is full of poppies just now, so I didn't have far to look for inspiration when making my card. The poppy flowers only last a day; by evening all the petals will have fallen off, but next morning there will be as many if not more new flowers. Gorgeous!



They will be flowering for several weeks, hopefully, but then they will be gone until another year, so I think I will keep this card as a reminder of their beauty.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is so beautiful Lynne and I have to admit that the flowers look so realistic that I thought it was a print at first glance, your colouring is absolutely outstanding. I adore Poppies and your photos are superb, I don't blame you for wanting to keep that memory. Happy crafting, Sandra x

kiwimeskreations said...

Lynne this is so life like - an amazing card and so beautifully composed and coloured
Blessings
Maxine

mamapez5 said...

Hi Lynne. It is a long time since I visited you. I have changed my way of searching, and this card just jumped out at me. My two favourite flowers are poppies and daisies. Out here in Spain, poppies are called amapolas and I rather like that. Your colouring is beautiful and the flowers so realistic. Perhaps I should try pencils again instead of my go-to copic markers. If you go to my diary blog HERE my header is a photo I took along the road near here, of the lovley wild poppies and yellow marguerites, that lasted for a week or so and then were gone again. It is much too hot for them here now.
I shall try to keep you on my reading list now so I can come and see some more of your beautiful creations. Kate x

Sally H said...

Stunningly Beautiful! I love everything about it. your colouring is perfect and as you know I HAD to buy the stamps as soon as I saw it! I love how you arranged the flowers...just wondering if I need to make 2 sets of masks