Sunday 1 March 2015

One For The Guys

 Making my sample for our March Challenge at Stamping Sensations was certainly a challenge for me! Our theme for this month is
* * * * * ONE FOR THE GUYS * * * * *

and it is the subject I struggle with the most, being more inclined towards pretty floral or nature motifs than macho masculine stuff !

However, I rose to the challenge and came up with this. I'm on a mission at the moment to revisit some of my oldest stamps, especially those that haven't seen daylight for a long time, in order to justify still giving them houseroom! This lovely Boat Scene (by Stamps Happen, now sadly defunct) was always one of my favourites and I don't know why I haven't used it more often, except that just about all the men in my family have received an example of it at one time or another.

I began by stamping it twice, on white card and a mottled sandy coloured card (another ancient item of stash!). I cut the framed part out of the sandy card, lined it up with the image on the white card, fixed them together and then coloured the whole image with Spectrum Noir pencils. I stamped the birds (Stampin' Up) at the bottom and finally used an old toothbrush to flick various shades of watercolour paint all over the card.

We have a lovely new sponsor for March!  Foil Play have "an extensive choice of over 11,000 products to help you to create beautiful and enjoyable craft projects, including a huge selection of rub on foils, ultra fine glitters, toppers, die cut and traditional decoupage".No minimum order is required, and postage is free if you spend over £10. They are offering the lucky winner a whopping £35 voucher to spend in their online store.

We've had some fantastic entries for our last few challenges, and I'm sure this one is going to be no exception. I'm really looking forward to seeing lots of projects for the men (or boys)! Should you need any inspiration, pop over to the Challenge Blog, where my brilliant teamies have some great stuff to show you. Good luck, everyone, and thanks for looking.

9 comments:

brenda said...

Been allocated a quick half hour before system cleansing continues, hopefully I'll be back to normal cyber activity then.

So quickly popping in to say great work again Lynne, have that SH stamp and agree which a shame the ceased.

B x

brenda said...

Me again, meant to ask who makes the wading bird stamp, I looks high and low for it a while back when I saw it on someones work ?

B x

Sally H said...

I love this! A wonderful card, Lynne! I need the stampin up wetlands set too! love the little flecks of colour - looks wonderful!

Joan said...

Just fabulous Lynne, love how you have combined the stampin up birds with the stamps happen stamp, they go perfectly

Joan

Jean said...

A super man card Lynne. I love the stamp you used, I remember seeing it around a lot at one time but never got round to owning it myself. Great idea to match it up with the wading birds.
Jean x

Eret said...

Lynne, your card is amazing! Love the stamps you used and your coloring.

pinky said...

You have risen to the challenge perfectly Lynne, I really love your card.

kiwimeskreations said...

Lynne this is stunning - I have seen that stamp before and love it, and you have really made it sing on this card.
Blessings
Maxine

Tracy said...

Hi Lynne
Fabulous creation, great image and design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x