Sunday 4 January 2015

A New Challenge For A New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone! Are you ready for our first challenge of 2015 at Stamping Sensations? Our theme for January is

* * * * * DIES AND PUNCHES * * * * *

We'd like you to show us what you can do with your dies and/or punches, either one or the other, or a combination of both, it's up to you.

Our lovely sponsor this month is the ever popular Sizzix, who I'm sure need no introduction. They have kindly donated a fabulous selection of their dies and embossing folders. The lucky winner will also receive a bonus prize of some gorgeous ribbons from Crafty Ribbons.


For my card I have used both dies and punches.

The background paper is by Bo Bunny. On top of that I placed the white punched square (using both the border and corner punches from a punch around the page set by Martha Stewart), followed by the scalloped and plain circles (both cut with Spellbinders dies). I stamped the sentiment (from Hydrangea set by Inkylicious) and the branch and flower (from the Majestix Oriental Blossom set by Card-io) and finally added the butterfly (stamp by Hero Arts) which was cut out with the matching Sizzix Framelits die, coloured with Promarkers and affixed with foam pads. Here's a close up.

One of my crafting resolution for this year is to break out of my comfort zone and try new things, so for this card I've gone for a colour combo I wouldn't normally use. The jury is still out on whether I like it or not! Another resolution is only to buy crafty stuff that I really need, as opposed to want, and to get some of my existing stash used up instead. Hmm. Wonder how long I'll stick to that one! Of course, the definition of "need" is open to interpretation........!

Anyway, I hope one of your resolutions is to join in our challenge every month, and we can't wait to see all your lovely creations! If you should need any inspiration, hop over to the Challenge Blog where my talented teamies have all made excellent use of their dies and punches. Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

brenda said...

A super combination of stamping and die cutting Lynne.

Happy New Year.

B x

Sally H said...

I love that colour combo and your stamping, die cutting and colouring created a wonderful card! Sound like good resolutions to me. Hoping to do similar myself ;)

pinky said...

Gorgeous card Lynne, the colours are so beautiful. I struggle to get my head round border and corner dies, this works perfectly with the lovely sentiment and butterfly.

Joan said...

A lovely card , you have really cracked using the punch around the page punches, I've failed to get to grips with mine and I love the colours on your butterfly. I'm with you on the need to stop buying and start using but I'm already seeing stuff I really need! Happy New Year

Joan x

mamapez5 said...

A beautiful card Lynne. I love the colour combo. I am also working on using what I´ve got, but they keep bringing out such lovely new stuff!! Kate x

kiwimeskreations said...

Great colours and impressive use of dies and punches on this beautiful card Lynne.
Blessings
Maxine

Canonbury creations said...

Great colour combo Lynne it works so well, gorgeous butterfly! Loving your NY resolution:)
Val x

Tracy said...

This is so pretty Lynne. Love the colours. Gorgeous design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x