Wednesday 1 September 2010

Parks and Gardens

This week's challenge at Allsorts is called "Park Inspiration", and they want our entries to be inspired by gardens or parks. There's a £10 voucher to be won to spend at One Stop Card Crafts! Well, of course, parks and gardens say "nature" to me, and since that's my favourite theme it was no hardship to come up with a card to fit.


Having recently treated myself to the Katzelcraft "Nature & Travel Quotes" set by Isabelle Norris, this was the perfect opportunity to use some of them. The background was stamped with Versamark and clear embossed, to act as a resist, and I coloured over the stamping with various pigment inks. Then the embossing was removed by covering it with kitchen paper and ironing over it with a hot iron.


The sentiment is an Aspects of Design stamp from The Stampman. (Such a pity they had to spell "marvellous" the American way.) It's from a sheet called (IIRC) "Rambling", but I can't find it on their website now. I bought it at a low sale price some time ago, so I'm wondering whether it's now no longer available.

The butterfly, from the gorgeous "Patchwork Butterfly" sheet by Elusive Images, is coloured with Promarkers and has a touch of Diamond Glaze on the flowers and body, although it's hard to see that in the photo.

11 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Lynn
Another beautiful card . I love the butterfly.
My tree card arrived today and is even more beautiful in real life and will have pride of place .
Thank you so very very much
Lisa ;)

Netty said...

This is a fabulous card Lynn, Annette x

Sally H said...

So Beautiful! I love those colours. Next time we have a get together we will have to make some of those flowers. Thanks for your kind words x

Jules said...

Oh wow Lynne - how fabulous is this?

I love your finished creation.

That butterfly is awesome as are those quotes .. .. as you say though it is just pity about the American spelling.

Beautiful colours.

Love Jules xx

lisa said...

Wow, Lynne. You've really got your mojo back now, this is fantastic. I've had my eye on this Katzelcraft set for ages, but there's always something more important. I love how you've used it and I think I'll have to ask Santa for it now!!
The soft colours are beautiful and I adore that Butterfly. It doesn't see ink often enough here. I agree with you about the spelling!!
Hugs Lisax

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is awesome Lynne that butterfly is amazing it looks as if you could reach out and feel the softness of those wings, I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

chris said...

Lynne, this is very very special, it really is so eye catching,
hugs chris

brenda said...

Hi Lynne

I thought this weeks theme would appeal to you and wow have you done it justice.

The lovely soft muted colours are stunning and that butterfly, well you know I like !

Hope you are having a bit of this late sunshine up your way, it's so nice not to need a wooly the last few days. Typical I guess, now school is back.

Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

Did you know we are looking for new DT members at our sister challenge http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/

Debbie Dolphin said...

really stunning
love debbie xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful card Lynne - and huge congratulations on winning the CB at Once Upon A Stamp! You lucky lady!!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

craftimamma said...

Oh my Lynn, I can't believe it is so long since I paid a visit and what beautiful things you have been making.

They are all truly stunning. As always I'm in a rush (childminding later) but I will be back to study all your gorgeous creations in great details. Hopefully tonight when all is once again calm. Maybe I shouldn't have said that, Lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx