Tuesday 9 February 2010

Backgrounds

I'm going to do some background techniques with my class tomorrow, including my favourite direct-to-paper with overstamping. I have some new class members who haven't done any card making before, so I've tried to make it fairly simple to begin with. This sample shows the first outing for my new Hero Arts Antique Brocade stamp, which I think is destined to become much loved. I stamped it over paper sponged with Versamagic inks. The girl and butterfly images are from Crafty Individuals' Miniatures Books "People & Places 2" and "Butterflies & Flowers" respectively. I used the huge butterfly from the Elusive Images "Patchwork Butterfly" plate as a background on the base card, and the sentiment is from the same plate.



Next week it's half term, so I'm going up to stay with my daughter & family in Dumfriesshire. Lots of playing and babysitting planned, so I'm not likely to get much time for challenges, or even blogging. There'll be room in the car to take one box of supplies with me in the hope of managing to make a few cards. The question is, what will I be able to conjure up from only one box of stash? Now there's a challenge, if ever there was one!

6 comments:

judith@poppy cottage said...

This is lovely Lynne, the big Butterfly is one of my favourites, and the hero arts stamp looks gorgeous. Have a good break, Judith x

chris said...

Hiya Lynn how you doing.
this is so lovely I love all the different stamping going on its great.
hugs chris xx

Sally H said...

I wish you wouldn't keep showing me new stamps I might need to buy!!! Gorgeous card. I love those wonderful spring colours. Looking forward to taking you for a spin to Peterborough in my new car x

Michelle said...

Wonderful card Lynne, have never used versamark to create a watermark, it looks great - must try it! Thanks for your lovely comments, they really brighten my day.
x Michelle

The Stamp Man said...

Hi Lynne

A lovely card, very pretty with soft and delicate shades. That Hero Arts Antique Brocade stamp is on my list of must haves!

Have a great time with your family!

Jill x

Carol Q said...

this is gorgeous. love the way the butterflies echo each other.