Saturday 14 November 2009

Ideas from The Stamp Man

I managed to catch The Stamp Man's recent show on Create and Craft, and really liked Jill's ideas for making backgrounds with Brilliance inks. She put the inks on to a craft sheet, sprayed them with water and then laid her paper on top to pick up the ink. It gave a lovely, shimmery, watercolour effect. The link above is to Jill's blog, where she explains how to do it. I've had Brilliance inkpads for years and never thought of using them in this way. Of course, I had to try it out, and here are the first two cards I've made.



I wanted a marble effect for the Roman gods, so I used starlight black, galaxy gold and moonlight white Brilliance inks. I inked up two pieces of paper. The first one took up some of the ink, then I picked up what was left with the second piece which gave it a lighter coverage. I used that piece for the background and stamped and clear embossed the image on the first piece.



For the second card I used pearlescent sky blue, pearlescent purple and pearlescent orchid. All stamps are Aspects of Design by The Stamp Man, except for the sentiment, which I think is by Papermania. Border punch is by Martha Stewart.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely Lynne, it definately does give a beautiful effect and your cards are fab!

Jx

Sally H said...

Gorgeous cards, Lynne! I must try that technique!

brenda said...

Very nice cards Lynne.

Brilliance are some of my favourite inks and I often use them like this, they are also good for painting your image to carry the colour theme all the way through. Took a class in the summer using just the orchid and thyme and the cards the girls created were stunning.

B x

lisa said...

Afternoon Lynne. This was a great programme wasn't it. The stampman is local to me so I'm lucky in being able to get hold of their products and some inspiration easily.
I love this technique too and would never have thought of it. Your results are gorgeous. I love the first one, those colours work so well and your card is amazing.
The second one is beautiful too.
Have a good week.

Lisax

The Stamp Man said...

Wow, lovely cards Lynne, it is a long time since I used the stamp on your first card, I must search for it, your background is ideal for it. I love seeing what people do with our stamps, thanks for showing them.

We've another show on 28th Nov at noon with Tracey Coates' stamps.

Thank you also for your support.

Jill

Debbie Dolphin said...

really lovely cards lynne.I thought I recognised the first image.I havent seen that for a while.They look great with your backgrounds
debbie xxxx