Sunday 3 September 2017

Inspiring colours

September already, the nights are fast drawing in and there is a definite autumnal feel in the air up here in rural SW Scotland. Whilst I love to see the autumn colours, I'm not looking forward to the return of the cold and the dark nights of winter, especially after the washout summer we've had. However, it's time for a new challenge at Stamping Sensations, so I am hoping for lots of lovely entries to brighten things up! This month our theme is

* * * * * PHOTO  INSPIRATION * * * * *



You may take your inspiration from the gorgeous colours in the photo, or go floral with the beautiful iris, but as always, your main image/focal point must be stamped if you want your entry to be considered for our prizes or top 3. And we have some lovely prizes for our winners this month, a first prize of stamp sets from Hero Arts, and a second one of lovely ribbons and gems. See the Challenge Blog for full details.

For my card, I've used a stunning Echinacea stamp by Imagination Crafts, sentiment dies by Brittania Dies, Prima flowers, and ribbon and backing papers from my stash.

For even more inspiration, do hop over to the Challenge Blog, where my teamies have some superb samples for your delight. We hope you enjoy our September challenge!

11 comments:

brenda said...

I echo your sentiments entirely about the weather and summer Lynn and I for one am not ready for those dark chilly nights.

But your card has a lovely warm glow to it and beautifully blended inks. Have a lovely Sunday.

B x

Dora said...

Great take on the coloursscheme. Beautiful card.

Marlies said...

A beautiful elegant card. Beautiful designed and a lovely effect with the blue and pink flowers together.

pinky said...

Wow this is looking absolutely gorgeous Lynne!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is a lovely stamp Lynne and your colour tones are just perfect. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Joan said...

Love what you have done with this stamp Lynne, it's a beautiful card


Joan

kiwimeskreations said...

What an eye catching card Lynne - love those flowers and how you have add colour to them!!
Blessings
Maxine

lisa said...

The nights are really drawing in aren't they, Lynne. I wish we could hang onto summer for a bit longer.
I love your card, that's a lovely stamp and the colours are beautiful.
Hope all is good with you and yours.
Hugs Lisa x

Sally H said...

I love this, Lynne! I may have to get the echinacea stamp too. It works beautifully with these colours!

Tracy said...

I wouldn't know where to start to make a card like this Lynne, it is really gorgeous.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Viv said...

Great inkiness Lynne! Lovely stamping too. x