Sunday 4 February 2018

Blooming Marvellous!

Time for our February Challenge at Stamping Sensations, and what better theme to brighten up this cold, gloomy month than

* * * * * ANYTHING WITH FLOWERS * * * * *

I have a feeling this is going to be a very popular topic, and of course, the scope is endless, but please do remember that the main focus of your project must be stamped and must comply with the theme (ie. your creation should be all about the flowers, not just a couple of tiny ones hiding in the background!) if you want it to be eligible for the prizes or top 3.

Our fab sponsor this month is Bee Crafty, who have given us a fantastic £25 voucher for our winner to spend in their online shop. I've used one of their stamps, the Backdrop Frames Splatter Swirl Upright Rectangle for my sample.

 I stamped it directly on to the front of the base card and cut away the inside of the frame. On a separate piece of card I stamped the tulips (Technique Tuesday), coloured them with watercolour pencils, masked them and stamped the text background (Stampin' Up). I then adhered the image behind the frame. The butterflies (Dovecraft) and sentiment (Hobby Art) are also stamped on to the base card.


I love most flowers, and tulips are a particular favourite. My daughter surprised me with this beautiful bunch the other day.

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of lovely flowers in this month's entries, tulips or not! I'm sure you'll have plenty of your own inspiration for your floral projects, but do go and look at my amazing teamies' creations as well, they're absolutely gorgeous! You'll find them here on the Challenge Blog. Let's brighten up this frosty February with some flower power!

12 comments:

brenda said...

Beautifully coloured Tulips sitting in the pretty frame Lynne. What pretty colours in the bunch from your daughter, a lovely reminder of Spring which I so hope is not too far away.

B x

Sally H said...

Gorgeous card and gorgeous flowers! A beautiful creation, which has left me needing more stamps, lol.

pinky said...

Beautiful card Lynne, love your colour choice!! Your tulips are so gorgeous, always a nice surprise to get a bunch of flowers!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A gorgeous card Lynne and that splatter frame is another one on my crafty wish list! Love the purple colour that you've used and your Tulips look lovely, as does your photograph. I don't think I've ever seen such bold and vibrant colours in a Tulip x

Viv said...

Great frame of tulips Lynne!

Marlies said...

A beautiful elegant card. I like the purple and you have used lovely stamps. A great design! Marlies

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your dramatic card Lynne - this is a stunner. Love how you have cut out the fram,e and the script background to the flowers
Blessings
Maxine

mamapez5 said...

I love your tulips, both the stamped ones and the real ones. Your card is coloured beautifully and that frame sets them off perfectly. Kate x

Joan said...

Lovely card Lynne with your beautiful tulips. Lovely flowers from your daughter too


Joan

Tracy said...

Hi Lynne
This is so pretty, I love the image you’ve used and the layout too. Gorgeous bunch from your Daughter too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Jean said...

I like tulips too and both your real one and the stamped ones are beautiful.The super frame is stamp tempting as well.
Jean x

Greta said...

Artistic & gorgeous! What a sweet daughter to give you that beautiful bouquet!