Sunday 4 May 2014

May Challenge at Stamping Sensations

Wow, what a lot of fantastic entries we had for last month's challenge at Stamping Sensations I guessed it would be a popular theme, and I think the same will apply this month, because for May:

*****  ANYTHING GOES  *****

Your project must include some stamping, as we are of course a stamping challenge, but other than that it can be anything you like, on any theme. You can enter up to three times, and combine your entry with any other challenges.



For my card I've used some Crafty Individuals stamps which I bought ages ago but have never inked up until now. I don't know why, as they are really very pretty. Probably just didn't have a suitable occasion to use them. The patterned backing paper is from a recently released Papermania pad called Bellissima, again very pretty in lovely soft shades.

I stamped the main image twice so that I could cut out and decoupage the two hearts. Then I stamped the perfume bottles on a Spellbinders Lacy Circles diecut, having sponged some colour around the inside edge of the diecut with pigment ink.


I added a few glittery highlights here and there with a clear Wink of Stella pen, and some liquid pearls on the "jewels" and in the corners. Other supplies used were a Martha Stewart punch-around-the-page set, a Dovecraft tiny butterfly punch and Promarkers to colour the images.


We're going to keep you guessing for a while as to this month's prize! Rest assured, however, that it will be fabulous as always, and all will be revealed later in the month!


In the meantime, don't forget to check out my lovely teamies' gorgeous samples on the Challenge blog, and we look forward to seeing your entries. Thanks for looking.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lynne, your work is stunning as always! I love that image of the little girl. Don't know what it is about her, but the face really appeals to me. Fabulous background you've made too. Maddy x

Sally H said...

Beautifully stamped and gorgeously coloured. A wonderful card, Lynne! LOVE it!

Jean said...

This is a lovely card, the colours and the stamped images are so pretty.
Jean x

kiwimeskreations said...

This is gorgeous Lynne - love the colours you have used, and the stamps are such lovely ones.
Blessings
Maxine

Tracy said...

Hi Lynne
Gorgeous creation, love all your details.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is beautiful Lynn, I love the image and layout.

craftimamma said...

This is really pretty Lynne and I love those beautiful perfume bottles. So wish I had time to join in the challenge but this month has been rather unpleasant what with one thing and another (thank you for your FB comments) and now I think it's my turn to be a bit under the weather. Hopefully I'll be myself in a day or two.

Hugs
Lesley Xx