Monday 5 May 2014

Glamorous Butterflies

Just flying in by the skin of my teeth with an entry for this fortnight's Butterfly Challenge. The theme is "Glamorous Butterflies", so they have to glitter and sparkle!

I began by spraying the card with diluted Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink, then stamped the flowers and sentiment with the same ink (undiluted). The butterfly was stamped on a separate piece of card and cut out with the matching Hero Arts Framelits die to give a bit of dimension. I used a water brush to draw some of the ink into the flowers and the butterfly for a hint of colour.

 All that remained then was to add the glamour! I tend not to use a lot of shiny stuff on my cards, preferring a subtle sparkle to bags of bling, so I just added a bit of glitter glue to the spots and body of the butterfly and the centres of the flowers. I hope that's enough for Mrs. A! You can see it better in the following detail shots.


 
The flower and butterfly stamps are by Hero Arts and the sentiment by Stampingallday. Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Sally H said...

That is stunning, Lynne! Elegant and glamorous. Gorgeous colour too x

Tracy said...

Hi Lynne
Wow gorgeous design on this card, such a wonderful inspirational piece.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Suzi B said...

Lovely card!
Suzi B x

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful Lynne - love the subtle glitter and the fact you made this a stunning monochrome card.
Blessings
Maxine

Mrs A. said...

I love the subtle glitter you have added to the wings of the butterfly and the flower centres. Gorgeous choice of colour too. Thank you for fluttering in #6. hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

scrappymo! said...

This is so pretty. Your butterfly turned out lovely and shimmery!

Jean said...

This is beautiful, I love the design and mono colour scheme. Lovely touch of shimmery glitter too.
Jean x

craftimamma said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Lynne. The shades of blue remind me of Wedgewood and the stamps you've used are wonderful. You have added the exact right amount of sparkle for the card to be both classy and glamorous!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty all in blue. The detail in the stamps really features and I love the spray.
Chipped Sapphire is my current favourite ink colour.
Heather T