Saturday 13 July 2013

80 years young

Our choir conductor is a lovely lady who has just celebrated her 80th birthday, though you wouldn't know it to look at her! She doesn't seem a day over 65! I can only wish to have her vitality and joie de vivre when (hopefully!) I get to her age!  I wanted to make her a special card, and this is what I came up with.

 I used a Go Kreate die to cut the components for an easel card, which I covered with papers from Crafty Individuals' Background Papers pad Book 1. The lilac stamp (Toomuchfun Rubber Stamps) is one I've had for nearly 20 years! It was coloured with Promarkers and it and the sentiment (Inkylicious) were cut out with Spellbinders Labels 4 dies. I kept the embellishments quite simple, as I didn't want to cover up too much of the pretty papers.  The butterflies are made with dies by Cheery Lynn, and the flowers with the Small Multi Flower Rose Die by Britannia Dies.

 Here's a closer look at some of the details.


Here's the card in its box.

And here's the box.

The only brief I had for the card was "She likes pink and lilac"! However, I'm pleased to say that she liked it!

Haven't made much else lately. I'm wilting in the hot weather! I suppose we shouldn't complain, but just a few degrees cooler would be lovely! One of the things I've been planning to do in the school hols is reorganise my craft room. My younger grandson (aged 4), who likes to come & do crafty things with me, told me the other day that my craft room needs a good tidy up! (I have a sneaking suspicion that his mum might have said something similar to him about his toys!) However, I must admit he's right. The shelves are all mixed up and things have started to creep on to the floor. Time to make a start, I think.......

11 comments:

Sally H said...

A stunning card, Lynne! I love it! I managed an hour sorting out in my craft space today... think I might need a week to do it properly!

Unknown said...

Hi Lynne, love your beautiful card. I know what you mean about the heat. I wasn't able to do anything all week, but finally managed a bit of a tidy up of my desk today after the temperature dropped from 28 yesterday to 18 today! Hope you are having a good weekend. Maddy x

kiwimeskreations said...

Lynne this is beautiful - love the paper and the simplicity of the stamping makes it stand out that much more. Love the detail on the box too.
Blessings
Maxine

craftimamma said...

What a beautiful card Lynne and I am not at all surprised the lady loved it. Your lilac stamp is such a beautiful image and looks so pretty in the labels diecut.

I'm definitely with you on the heat subject. Yesterday made me feel quite queasy and totally useless as far as getting anything done. As our conservatory is my craftroom (and south facing) it was out of bounds yesterday at 40+c! :-(

Its very dull here this morning but much more pleasant I have to say. ;D!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Oh wow! This is stunning, I love the beautiful colours and the background stamping and the shape is fabulous
Lindsay xx

Netty said...

Gorgeous card and box Lynne, am sure she was thrilled to receive it, hugs Annette x

Ruth said...

I just love everything about this one, Lynne - the inking the flowers the stamping ......Ruth x

Gerrina said...

Great colours and such a fine combination of stamps you used; these make a beautiful card and box!

Little C's Creations said...

Beautifully created, Lynne!! I am sure that beautiful lady will LOVE your card... it's sooo pretty!!!! Have a blessed day! Aloha, Jen

Jules said...

Hi Lynne

I hope you are well.

I think everyone is on a crafty tidy up session!!

Love this card. Such gorgeous colours and the background paper is just perfect for the choir conductor. She will have really appreciated it I am sure!

Hope all is good with you.

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

Hi Lynne, just hopping by from dc and wanted to thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. It's been much cooler here this week and I'm sitting in the garden watching the butterflies. It seems to be a good year for them. Hope you ate well, maddy x