Sunday 19 June 2011

Monograms - Less is More Week 20

Last week was the first time I didn't manage to get an entry in for the Less is More Challenge, so I was determined not to miss this week's. The theme is "Monogram". Bit of a tricky one, this! I only have one truly monogram stamp, the "D" by Stampers Anonymous. I set to work with it, stamping it on to a Nestie-cut circle with a scallop border, and carefully colouring it in. Then I went off to do something else before I mounted it on to a card. When I came back I decided to have a quick look at the other entries before I finished off my card. Imagine my surprise when I saw that entry No. 40, by Nellie, had  used not only the same stamp, but the same colours too! Spooky or what?! I hadn't seen Nellie's before I made mine. Here's mine, just so you can compare! (I'm not entering it!)


So, what else to do instead? A bit of lateral thinking was called for. This was the result:


Self explanatory, I think! (Eiffel Tower - Clarity Stamp; Arc de T - unknown; Paris minus the P! - from a Clear Choice set, Nestie rectangle.) Strictly speaking, a monogram shouldn't be part of a word, but it seemed to need the "aris" to balance the P, which looked as though it might topple over otherwise! So I'm hoping Chrissie & Mandi will let me get away with it!

14 comments:

Mandi said...

Your D card is FAB Lynne, perfect!
the Paris whilst clever is really jusy illuminating the first letter

So creative too!
Thanks lots
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Netty said...

Wow loving your first LIM card.

Susan said...

You should have entered the first one too...I love that image! It took me a minute with the "aris" to figure out what you were saying....whew! Maybe I need to get some sleep! Love the Eiffel tower card too!
My Card

Chrissie said...

Your D card is a true monogram, whereas as Mandi has mentioned the Paris one is a word with an illuminated P.
It's certainly a tricky week!
The concept behind this card is terrific however!
Very clever!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Lisa Jane said...

LOve both cards Lynn - the P is so clever
Lisa x

Squirrel x said...

Love both hunny! Hugs Sxx

Suze Bain said...

Love the stamp in your first card and your second one is very clever. Two super cards. xx

Lynne said...

Two amazing cards. Love the D one.
Lynne A xxx

Kathyk said...

A super clever card whether it fits the brief or not!

Kathyk

Bernadet Rodakowski said...

Moi j'aime les deux, mais especiallement la carte de Paris! Chouette!
Bernadet
bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com

jo said...

Both are fab cards!

TAM said...

Both fabulous cards and while the Paris one might not strictly fit the challenge it's very inventive - you certainly thought "out of the box" for that one.

Jenny said...

Love how you made the P, fab card :)
Jenny x

Beryl K said...

Two great cards, your P is fabulous, very clever
Beryl x