Monday 1 November 2010

Deja Vu!

This is a photo I took seven years ago, in Cumbria, just up the road from where my daughter used to live. It was early in the morning, the sun was just rising, and a flock of sparrows alighted in the brambles for a breakfast conference. They sat there obligingly while I took the picture and then flew away again.


Earlier this year, Paper Artsy released their Hot Picks 1005 stamp set. Click on the link and you'll see why I had to buy it! Got it on Saturday at Sir Stampalot. Here's what I made with it today.


I coloured a background with Distress inks, then stamped the birds in black Brilliance and clear embossed. The flourish at the top is also from the Paper Artsy set. The chipboard twigs and leaves are from Crafty Individuals. Again, coloured with Distress inks, as are the additional punched leaves.. To make the tag, I stamped just the outer border from a Hero Arts ticket stamp on to the back of a Making Memories ticket, then stamped the Paper Artsy "Secret Garden" inside the border. Just a bit too late for all the recent "Autumn" themed challenges!

6 comments:

brenda said...

Morning Lynne

I didn't think it would be long before you cracked this one open and what a wonderful interpretation of that lovelty photo.

I think this is what you can call a totally justified purchase.

B x

Lisa Jane said...

wow what a co incidience . Its a beautiful card.. fabulous colours
Lisa ;)

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow - they are almost identical! What a wonderful card - love the colours, and I can see why you bought the stamp! How kind of the birdies to oblige during that amazing photo-shoot!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Sally H said...

Wonderful! So pleased they had two sets! I haven't managed to use mine yet!

Jules said...

Hi Lynne

Wow .. .. .. this is amazing. It is as though the stamp was made using your photograph.

I love the stamp .. .. and your finished project too!!! Wonderful.

We have sparrows that nest outside our dining room doors and they sit on top of the hedge in just the same manner. I loved how you described it as "a breakfast conference". I might try and sneek those words in next time my hubby and I experience this sight together one morning. LOL!!!

Hope all is well with you Lynne.

Love Jules xx

Eileen said...

I do like this ...a lot ! Hope you are well ....E x