Thursday 21 January 2010

Allsorts Challenge Week 35 - Brown and Pink

Really had to think about this one, as brown and pink is not one of my favourite colour combinations. A bit too sickly for my taste. So I opted for scenic rather than soppy, hoping it might tone down the sweetness a bit.



I managed to use up a bit of old stash - the Stampbord, which I bought a few years ago and never did much with. I don't know why, it's brilliant for stamping on. I've got 64 small squares put away somewhere to make a chess board - if I ever get round to it!

Anyway, the background on the Stampbord is done with alcohol inks, and then overstamped with Versamagic. The border is a Martha Stewart punch, and the greeting by Craftwork Cards, mounted on a Nestabilities scallop circle. Stamps by Stampscapes (lake scene, heron, small rushes and birds on brown background), Clarity Stamp (trees on brown background), Art Impressions (flowers bottom left) and Craftwork Cards (rushes top right).

9 comments:

Debbie Dolphin said...

gorgeous lynn.loving the stampboard images xx
debbie

Sally H said...

Oh, Wow! That's stunning! I too have a stash of stampboard. I'll have to get it out and have a go! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow x

Kirsten...x said...

Wonderful Card...x

Thanks so much for joining in my challenge this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten…x

lisa said...

Lynne, I love visitng you, there is always something really interesting to marvel at. This is stunning. The pink and brown works so well the way you've used it. I love the stampbord scene and your background is gorgeous.
Have a great weekend.

Lisax

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful card.Very different - and inspirational

Lisa ;)

craftimamma said...

I love this Lynne. I actually like brown and pink but I know what you mean. It does look like strawberry cream centred chocolate which I hate!

However, your card is fabulous and the Stampbord is beautiful. I too love working on Stampbord but how did you get your colours so pale and pretty with the alcohol inks? I have great difficulty in toning them down usually.

Lesley Xx

brenda said...

I have absolutely no idea how I missed this Lynne, I am so sorry because it's just beautiful.

We have so many entries last week at Allsorts it was hard keeping up with them all.

Better late than never I guess.

B x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

I love stampbord and I love Alcohol Inks, and you've made a fabulous card with them. The scenes are beautiful.
Sylvia xxxx

Kay Carley said...

Fab card Lynne! I just love the different ideas that you come up with! You make me feel envious that I never have the time to just 'play' anymore!!

Love Kay xx