Tuesday 17 November 2009

Quick Tip

I'm sure I'm not the first person to have thought of this, but just in case anyone else hasn't, I thought I'd share it. I needed a black brad & didn't have one. So I tried colouring a different one with a black Promarker. It needed a few coats, but I was amazed at how well it worked. So now I won't have to buy lots of different coloured brads. Obviously for pale colours I'd need a white or very light coloured one to start with, but I can just colour one whenever I need it with whatever colour I'm using on my project & it will match perfectly. :-)

4 comments:

lisa said...

I've done this with my Sharpies, it works well. You can also draw designs on flat large brads that looks quite good and makes them unique.

Lisax

Sally H said...

It's so cool, isn't it? They also work well on peel offs, ribbons, lace, pearls and gems, too.

Lesley said...

Good idea Lynne, I use my Krylon pens too for metallic looks xx

brenda said...

Good Monring Lynne

Looks like I have missed some great projects and newst bits this week.

Sorry not been able to visit due to this eye problem, but thanks for still visiting me, really is appreciated.

B x