Tuesday 28 April 2009

Back in the box

A few days ago I was driving north up the M1, heading for the M18, when something made me turn off at junction 29. I couldn't imagine what, but after a couple more miles I suddenly found myself outside Once Upon A Stamp. "Well," I thought, "since I'm here I might as well go in." I was drawn to the Spellbinders display. "Ah!" I thought."So that's what it was. A magic spell!"

I thought I'd better buy something. The Large Labels Nesties and Ribbon Tags Trio found their way into my basket, along with some Distress Ink re-inkers. Once I'd handed over the money, the spell seemed to be released, and I was able to leave the shop & continue my journey.

Anyway, after the horrors of my previous creations, it was a relief to get back to my usual style, which I like to think is a bit more subtle and sophisticated. All of my recent purchases made an appearance on this card. The background uses Distress Inks sponged on to glossy card and misted with water, with a darker colour sponged around the edge for definition. It was then overstamped with my favourite flourish. The music was stamped on to a Large Label, which was then lightly sponged with the inks. The Ribbon Tag was coloured in the same way. All stamps from Crafty Individuals, as is the printed picture.

5 comments:

Sally H said...

this is so you! simply gorgeous!

lisa said...

A lovely work of art Lynne. I love the blue and those flourishes are yummy. Craft shops just have that magnetic pull don't they?

Lisax

Siobhan Brignull said...

ROFLMAO, i had a simular thing happen yesterday was just browsing the internet yesterday and found myself making an order at Paperartsy without even realising it and then bought a beatuiful piece of art from ETSY, some work by Leanne Ellis, I blame the Hormone Fairies myself . . .

MimiAnn said...

I remember going into a craft shop in Skipton with you - after, we called it a "Tardis Moment"! We thought we would just pop in for half an hour and we emerged THREE hours later!! Needless to say there were lots of lovely things in our shopping basket!!

Phree said...

Love this card, especially that subtle background.